Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i rolled my sled and was wondering if i should get s new side pannel.
it has a 7 inch crack in it. is it worth the 70 bucks or no?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
pics would help.
How much money you got? If you're hard up like me, i wouldn't. but it depends n how big that crack is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it were me I would, 70 bucks is not a bad fix and it keeps the sled looking good. Plus you wont have to explain to everyone that you rolled your sled. Its all personal opinion though. If you keep it drill a small hole on each end to keep it from getting bigger and then run zip ties across to hold it together.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics are in my gallery. how do you get pics onto the thread

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
When you click reply you will see two paper clips, one is for existing pictures in your gallery the other is to upload new ones.

If all you have to fix is $70 at the end of the year i wouldnt be complaining and just do it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
just paint it man, save the money for gas when your riding. Besides if you paint it you might really get into try a darker black. Structurally it should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You could, if you want a temp. fix. You'll still see the crack though. Maybe when you know you have the money to spend, look for a used panel, if you can't find one, then go new. Fixing that one the right way is going to cost you approx. the same amount as a new one. The epoxy kit isn't cheap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its like 75 bucks on ebay. i get about 300 dollars a year so i need to figure out what is a priority

·
Registered
564 Posts
if it doesnt affect the way the sled runs or handles or anything like that just paint it black, paint both side pannels 5 dollars of spray paint would do it. But then again your sled is a lot nicer then mine really. I would just end up painting mine cuz its older.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i would like to keep it clean and thanks i love my fusion

·
Registered
845 Posts
I got a big dirty crack in my hood, im in the process of painting stuff and I am just gunna do the old zip tie trick, I think it'll look kinda cool.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kinda like stitchs ill think about it

snowdriven said:
I got a big dirty crack in my hood, im in the process of painting stuff and I am just gunna do the old zip tie trick, I think it'll look kinda cool.
can u get a pic when your finished?

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah good call sometimes the zip tie line looks really good, it gives it an aggressive look if you do it right. Pictures of this would be great. Ethan thats the best part about having older sleds, you dont have to worry about chips and dings as much. But newer sleds are nice, I just hate having to worry about dings and stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea ive been looking for jobs to buy a 2000 supersport for 900 bucks. i am about half way there

·
Registered
480 Posts
ethan.justinger said:
yea ive been looking for jobs to buy a 2000 supersport for 900 bucks. i am about half way there
Why would you want a 2000 super sport 550 when you have a much newer and more powerful sled already?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
to mess around on and not worry about the cracks and scratches and all that stuff. my friends would also ride it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts