Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the Polaris 440 Pro X a good sled? what aftermarket products do u reccommend for it if i want to do freestyle/jumps and maybe race...any other snowmobiles besides the Polaris 440 Pro X i should look at? thanx.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Were you looking at the liquid or the fan? Big difference between the two. Were you looking at a new one or used? More info please!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im LOOKING at a fan, but i dont see an option for a liquid version.....can u tell me about this difference in performance and durabilty [for jumpsand racing]??? thanx

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The liquid is a race sled. Hard to get don't worry about it. You have to run premium fuel and mix your own gas. And no matter what someone says taht is a pain in the ass. I mean stop to fill up at a station 30 miles from your truck and can of pre mix you are screwed. And don't say carry gas anyone who rides a Pro X liquid is not planning on just cruising.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The 440 pro x doesn't have a major amount of power to it. It owuldn't make a good freestyle sled I don't think. Maybe it would. The chasis would be good for it but with freestyle you sort of need power on demand. like oh there is a jump crack the throttle and hit it not setup for a 100 yard run at it then jump. Though you can do that too. Like I said the liquid is hard to get. You can't just walk into any dealership and tell them to order one for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so a liquid pro x would be a good thing for freestyle though? how COULD i get one? how much r they? if u dont think the pro x is best for racing and freestyle what do u think is? im kinda new so tell me as much as u can. thanx. btw, i already mix 111 octane leaded fuel with redline oil for my goped so im used to it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dude, what's a goped? Got a pic? If it's anything like it sounds then that's totally weird.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
oh my god I am not laughing but I feel like I should be. It almost hurts.... Anyway go to a dealer and talk to them about the possiblilty of getting a Pro X Liquid. They are the most or the second most expensive Polaris I believe. Somewhere around $7500+

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
r they worth the money is speed, durability? do i have to mix gas for them? please tell me any details u know..........btw, goped rock! ever cought 30 feet of air on something that weighs 30 lbs.? fun shyt. 22.5 cc engines with 6 h.p.!!!

Edited by - propedder on December 10 2001 5:54:00 PM

·
Registered
948 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ProPedder:

goto www.gopednation.com ............goto the pictures section.....

[/quote]

OIC. Hmmmm.... not for me but looks like you enjoy. Welcome to sleddin'.

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx. everyone is different, thats wut makes the world work! cant wait to buy a sled, until then ill continue to drool over the websites!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
30 foot on those? damn! Anyway I can't say for durability most ppl race them and racing is pretty tough on a sled so is freestyle. I know they are a good chasis strong and all. You have to mix gas on the liquid sled. They are quick but not really top end heavy. Worth the money is a call on your part. Some would say no. personally I want a race sled(SnoPro 2002 440 liquid specifically) for trail riding. So for me the Pro X would not be the sled. The fuel mixing would screw me over as well as having to run 110 fuel. By teh way don't even think about a Sno Pro not even all the racers who wanted one got one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so what sled would u reccommend besides the 440 Pro X that is fast, durable, maybe race worthy and has no need to mix fuel? btw, thanx for helpong me out.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The ZR 500 is a good essentially race ready sled. It has the SnoPros pipe sensor which adjusts timing for better performance based on exhaust temps. That would however have to race in the stock 500 class instead of 440. That is the sled I want. You would have to get a 2002 for the pipe sensor and snopro like chasis though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx.-
wut do u mean "You would have to get a 2002 for the pipe sensor and snopro like chasis though."??? what site can i see this sled and stuff at?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
www.arctic-cat.com in the performance sled section I believe. I mean that you would have to get the 2002 model ZR 500 for the pipe sensor(the special timing alterer I mentioned) and the Sno Pro Chasis. The snopro chasis is the race chasis. The ZRs chasis is not identical to the SnoPros but is better suited for racing than most stock sleds. It has wide running boards and high handle bars for stand up riding. The boards allow you to stand back far on them. This is a style adopted by most SnoX racers and aggresive ditch bangers.(myself included ;) )

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
well at that time you could get a 2003 or maybe a left over 2002 model sled. We have no idea as of yet if that matters. No real idea if there will be some innovations in sleds for the next model year. I am interested in seeing what they do with the Viper next year. Bet whatever they do it will piss my dad off cause he wants it on his. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts