Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't deceide if i should stud my '03 XC , anybody that has studs can you help me out ? I ride some groomed trails but not all the time.Anybody want to help me out on this feel free to add your thoughts, THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

2003 XC 600
" Ride The Best "

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
good things and bad things bout studs, but i would, if u ride any trails or icy stuff, they are worth it, get carbides to go w/ ur studs tho

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well think of it this way. Ask yourself dont you want your sled to stop when that berm pops up out of the flat light at 85? Or if you i like the feeling of the sled sliding off of a frozen overflow. If your going to be riding you want to be prepared for the hazards of the ride. Studs are just part of being ready for the ride. Now how many studs needed is the question. Think about how you ride and what you encounter. Get professional advice from a local dealer or racer. to stud, or not to stud...what a stupid question.

SKS

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you have any tendency towards any sort of aggressive riding, and don't ride in powder only.

Three words: Without a doubt!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by AkSledneck8:
Well think of it this way. Ask yourself dont you want your sled to stop when that berm pops up out of the flat light at 85? Or if you i like the feeling of the sled sliding off of a frozen overflow. If your going to be riding you want to be prepared for the hazards of the ride. Studs are just part of being ready for the ride. Now how many studs needed is the question. Think about how you ride and what you encounter. Get professional advice from a local dealer or racer. to stud, or not to stud...what a stupid question.

SKS
[/quote]

Watch it buddy...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by AkSledneck8:

To stud, or not to stud...what a stupid question.

SKS
[/quote]

I am not agreeing with this statement. If you ride in powder studs are weight that you can do with out.

If you drive in any icy conditions then I would go for it but if you are mostly in powder, it isn't really worth the money. Just my $.02.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stud it up. Me wife rides without studs I was behind her riding and she fish tails the rear end out around
corners, she has it down pat riding without studs, but when she rode my sled with 144 studs she likes
how it hugs the corner vs. fish tailing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts