Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 polaris super sport 550 and I found a 1999 polaris xc600 for 1500.00 I asked the guy if he wanted to trade and he said yes but I would have to give him 400.00 I went and looked at it it is in perfect shape except the engine didnt run very good he fired it up and it backfired alot and then it died and he couldnt get it started again he said it had a fouled plug it has 3400 miles on it and mine has 3700 miles and is in perfect shape it runs awesome. I was wondering if it would be a good trade. I am kinda scared of how the engine sounded though I wanted to know if I should do the trade or not.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If I have learned anything.. it's to trust your gut....

That's all I got to say about that...

·
Registered
998 Posts
back fire from a fouled plug? hmm. thats what my sled did when the crank case seals went. backfired some, then died, and wouldnt start for a while. be careful what you get yourself into.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys I knew there was something wrong when I heard the back firing ill stick with the super sport for one more year I think thanks again.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i wouldnt you have a nice sleed so you could wait and save up some money and by a newer sled

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya liek everybody else said its not worth it for the extra 50cc's and extra milage on the sled. i would wait a year or two tehn buy somthing like a 700.if you gonna upgrade make it sure its worth it in the long run

·
Registered
770 Posts
Originally posted by beran34
[br]I have a 1999 polaris super sport 550 and I found a 1999 polaris xc600 for 1500.00 I asked the guy if he wanted to trade and he said yes but I would have to give him 400.00 I went and looked at it it is in perfect shape except the engine didnt run very good he fired it up and it backfired alot and then it died and he couldnt get it started again he said it had a fouled plug it has 3400 miles on it and mine has 3700 miles and is in perfect shape it runs awesome. I was wondering if it would be a good trade. I am kinda scared of how the engine sounded though I wanted to know if I should do the trade or not.
It's a good deal... but it might be too good to be true... and you know what they say about that...

I'd do it if it was an honest deal. If the XC really did have just a fouled plug, and if the sled isn't hot... seems very suspicious that he'd want to trade. no offense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you already have an excellent running sled that you like, why take the chance for a lemon. There are plenty of other good deals out there that you'll run across later...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would back out. we will trade you his not so good running sled for your good running sled. sounds like he wants to get rid of a lemon. If there was truly only a bad spark plug and he wanted to sell it. He would just put the $2 part in and show you how good it runs right. and the sled will run on 1 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I don't think you should do that. Because it wouldnt be much of a upgrade from your sled now just 50cc's bigger. Plus you have a nice sled now and I think you should just save you're money for a bigger and nicer sled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts