Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking over my dads 98 500 trail and noticed it did not have a skid plate on it...is it supposed to?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it it a gen II, or what kind should i be looking for?

·
Registered
863 Posts
probly one that would fit on a gen II sled.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
mxz440kid said:
probly one that would fit on a gen II sled.
No, a gen II skid plate won't fit the 1998 Trail.
The '98 Trail is the evolved chassis. You need an evolved skid plate. Hard to find BTW.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If we had a thousand black evolved hoods and a thousand evolved bumpers, we would sell every last one. (typical people wanting something but not wanting to pay for its value). They don't understand that the reason they're still looking for their parts is because they can't ever find any! These two items are damn near gold to us.

The only color of evolved skid plates I have seen are the baby blue and black.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Dragon700 said:
Every sled I own and will ever own will have one.
Exactly...even helps with the deep snow to "glide" over lol

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
If we had a thousand black evolved hoods and a thousand evolved bumpers, we would sell every last one. (typical people wanting something but not wanting to pay for its value). They don't understand that the reason they're still looking for their parts is because they can't ever find any! These two items are damn near gold to us.

The only color of evolved skid plates I have seen are the baby blue and black.
I wish Polaris made the evolved a few years more years so parts would be more plentiful

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
They help with floatation by keeping the front of the sled on top of deep snow. They also help protect the bellypan and suspension pieces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts