Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just bought a 2005 Polaris XC SP 800 from a local mechanic guy. All original parts on it, 2,500 miles. He said if I ever needed work on it he could do it. That was pretty cool of him to offer, since I have never worked on snowmobiles. Sled starts on third pull, seems to run very well. Took it for a little ride through my yard on about 6 inches of wet snow, temps were about 32 degrees. It's got some power for sure, I didn't want to get too excited with such shitty conditions so I let it get pretty warmed up then parked it in my garage. I placed the track up off the concrete since it's supposed to get very cold starting tomorrow. So, I basically need to know what I should be looking for daily when I get her running. What should get me worried when out riding? The owner only put 80 miles on it last year due to not having the time. He told me he changed all the fluids and cleaned the valves after the season ended. He said the compression on both sides are about 145. He said it's a solid machine and he really hates to sell it but he just doesn't want to see it sit and not be used. He said he only put 350 miles on it in two seasons, again just because of time constraints. There were two previous owners of the sled, so he bought it when it had just over 2k miles two years ago. He paid 3k for it, and he was willing to take 2.800 but I paid him 3K since he offered to do work on it in the future if needed. So, here I am super excited to own another sled, but I feel some anxiety since it has such low mileage and has been owned by three people before I. It's like I am expecting it to take a huge shit as soon as the conditions are good. The engine looks very clean and it runs really good, but after reading so many posts about repairs on older sleds, I feel a little overwhelmed on what to keep my eyes out for as I ride. Any help is appreciated! Saying a prayer for some big storms here in the east!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts