Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Polaris show here in Calgary on Monday I am so excited I am gonna get to see the 2003 sleds in person. Ill take pictures.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I got the chance to see them this past sunday. They are nice looking sleds. Saw one go out drag racing and didn't realize it. I saw it in the lineup and was like hmm that looks like a 2003 nah can't be. Later when I walked by the 2003s I realized it had been like a 2003 Black Edge X 800. Guess teh dealer either took it out or let someone.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I got the 2003 sled borshure today. So then i can see all the sleds. Nice lookin. Ive seen them in person in the plant, but not all of em.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Here is something for you. I have personally seen all the new sleds for 2003 from Cat, Polaris, and Ski Doo but not Yamaha. How much I have been into Yamaha(despite the problems) and all I ahve yet to see a Mountain Viper, RX-1, or RX-1 Mountain. I want to see a mountain Viper in person. Pictures of it look pretty nice.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'm not a Yamaha fan and I've seen the 2003 Viper and RX-1.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I went to a yami. dealer to get a brochure on the rx-1 and all they gave me was a fold out with two picture and the specs. no big brochure like polaris or any other. It sounds like it is selling on hype.

talked with some guys that got to test the 900 twin. they said from 0-70 it pulled hard real hard. after that it felt like it let off. they rode back to back with one of there t cats. it was just as fast or faster for the first couple seconds or few hundred feet. after that it was all t-cat pulling hard.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Was it an arctic cat person that told you that? Cause a SkiDoo person told us the RX-1 bent its tunnel which really seems like it was a lie the more we hear from different parties. Magazines say the 900 pulls and just begs to be WOT all the time. I mean it is a larger bore 800 pretty much and that thing pulls straight through so I don't see why the 900 would be different. The local shop has a leftover 900 that my uncle is trying to tell my dad to buy. I asked him when he was gonna pick it up and he changed the subject.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i coulda swore i seen a rx-1 when i was out in michigan on the trails. it sounded funny compared to all of our sleds. i dont really like the 4 stroke sound. i dont know how someone got one, unless there forsale, but there was a couple of those rev's too they are definetly different looking.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i fling poo [/quote]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Maybe it was a dealer or two going for a ride. I would think you would have seen enough pics to knwo what an RX-1 looks like www.yamaha-motor.com if you haven't.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intensity:
There is a Polaris show here in Calgary on Monday I am so excited I am gonna get to see the 2003 sleds in person. Ill take pictures.

[/quote]

Did you get any pictures?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Sorry I got all excited and ended up forgetting my camera. Must be a girl thing!
Just kidding I did forget my camera though!!!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
you and your monkeys intensity my monkey is still naughty oh wait nevermind

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
948 Posts
Intensity, did you ever decide on a sled? I recall you were 'in the market'. You are prolly heading into the best time to buy right now with the season ending if you can handle the storage. Guaranteed the prices will jump back up as we near next season. Just a thought.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts