Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2006 crossfire 700. its 100% stock i was thinkong of getting a different silencer for it. i was leaning toward a sno stuff one but want ur opinion.... on whats worked for u. also how many hp is there gained from a different can and how much, if at all, is fuel economy affected??? is ther any re-mapping in the fuel lines or does fuel air ratio need to be changed at all in any way???? appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
o boy ur gonna get a whole lota [gerg]

·
Registered
848 Posts
I had a friend that had a sno stuff rumble pack on that exact sled. It sounded pretty good. You are going to gain a few HP but with the loss of backpressure you lose a little torque (nearly unnoticeable). If you did a custom tune/remap it may help even it out but you really don't have to. And yes the fuel economy is affected because you are going to be on the throttle way more! haha

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Personally, I'd go for BMP or SLP. Both of them have a noticeably different tone over stock, but are not annoyingly loud at WOT. I find Sno-Stuff and MBRP to be way too loud.

No modifications are required for the can. Swap it out and go. It is said though, that 1 in 10 Cat EFI's of that era will not run properly with an aftermarket can. The 05 700efi in my SnoPro is one of them. I've tried 4 different cans, and all of them made the sled very boggy with poor peak performance. I reinstalled the stock can, and it pulls like a raped ape. Unfortunately, you will not know if yours is one of them until you try a can.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quinlan said:
Personally, I'd go for BMP or SLP. Both of them have a noticeably different tone over stock, but are not annoyingly loud at WOT. I find Sno-Stuff and MBRP to be way too loud.

No modifications are required for the can. Swap it out and go. It is said though, that 1 in 10 Cat EFI's of that era will not run properly with an aftermarket can. The 05 700efi in my SnoPro is one of them. I've tried 4 different cans, and all of them made the sled very boggy with poor peak performance. I reinstalled the stock can, and it pulls like a raped ape. Unfortunately, you will not know if yours is one of them until you try a can.
yep mine came with an mbrp, and last year I had an SLP can, im picking up a stock can for mine this week after a friend showed me the dyno sheet from his f7 where he dropped 4 hp just by putting his bmp can on vs the stock one

but as far as sound, the snostuff cans sound awesome, but theyre loud as hell. I like the BMP can

·
Registered
140 Posts
i got a rumble pack on my ext, but i only use it when i am ditch bangin and in the bush, dont wanna ruin the trails for everyone so i switch back to stock. rumble pack is loud as hell, my friend that lives 2 miles away and in a bush can hear it from his house..

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Fuse600 said:
o boy ur gonna get a whole lota [gerg]
Don't post if you don't have anything relevant to say... I've noticed alot of junk posts from you recently...

I would say BMP, or SLP. Both cut a lot of weight, with a nice tone change, but not crazy loud. From my experience, BMP products are a little lower quality, but still alright. SLP is the cream of the crop. If you really want loud sound (I don't endorse) get a Sno Stuff Rumble Pack.

·
Registered
140 Posts
personally i dont like the tone of SLP, but one to there own. They dont have as deep of a tone or the crackle of a rumble pack, but they are the best performing can, you will gain hp with an SLP and loose power with a rumble pack, not a lot, but im sure it would show up on a dyno. MBRP is good too, somewhere in the middle of SLP and Rumble Pack

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have a D&D can on mine and it does not seem to be to loud but it has a little rasp compared to stock. it may be a tad louder than stock but not by much. It is not the barker can they sell, talk about loud those barker cans are really loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts