Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I really like the sound of an MBRP "race" can, but I would be careful what you are doing about noise, many areas are cracking down on "noise polution" caused by snowmobiles and you could end up with a pretty hefty ticket.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
[Disappointed]
Loud silencers closes trails and makes our sport look bad to the public! I deeply wish you aren't riding the MN trail system that I ride in, but I hope even more for the sake of everyone in our sport that you're putting a loud silencer on a drag or race sled that won't ever be on the trails.

Also, silencers don't make power. All they do is shave 5 pounds and make noise. If weight is your concern, then start a diet.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They are very loud, my friend and i were thinking about getting one for our sleds(sabercat 500/zl 500) then we heard one at i 500 on a f6 and where like holy shit thats loud!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Just use a hole saw, and make a few holes into your existing can..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here we go with another 4 page can topic.08CrossFire600 get ready for some totally off topic posts. I would say that the mbrp race is one of the loudest.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
08CrossFire600 said:
Its for a race sled not a trail sled. does anyone know about the sno-stuff rumble pack is that loud?
What race sled are you putting the can on? If its for a race sled, wouldn't you want to make more power, not less?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
If its going on a 600 crossfire, my neighbor had one with an MBRP race can on it and it was loud, sounded pretty good though, but kinda loud.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'd get the sno stuff.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
[lurker]
I have nothing against silencers but I know how this topics can go sometimes.
When I bought both of my sleds they each had Dyno port silencers.
The one on my Ski Doo F3 is way to dang loud! I dont know if the guy that had it before me took packing out or what. Its I guess what you would call the stinger tip style? Because it has the 3 small cans on it.
Now the on on my Mach Z Is the can style it has 3 in 2 out design it sounds really nice. Gives it a nice 3 cylinder sound but not to loud.
But I Like the sound of the Dyno port. Also have a buddy with Jaws that sounds nice. Also a couple of buddys with MBRP race cans that sounds good as well and are pretty loud.
The twins kinda sound like rice burners with them tho. Sorry I'm sure ill get hell for saying that. It's just my opinion tho.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
[Disappointed]
Loud silencers closes trails and makes our sport look bad to the public! I deeply wish you aren't riding the MN trail system that I ride in, but I hope even more for the sake of everyone in our sport that you're putting a loud silencer on a drag or race sled that won't ever be on the trails.

Also, silencers don't make power. All they do is shave 5 pounds and make noise. If weight is your concern, then start a diet.
You have to be jerking me, its ok for crotch rockets, harlys, muscle cars, old boats, and four wheelers to have super loud mufflers but its not ok for snowmobiles this to me is stupid if we can not have loud sleds motorcycles should not be loud and the motorctycles are usually riding in more populated areas.

·
Registered
584 Posts
zecow224 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
[Disappointed]

You have to be jerking me, its ok for crotch rockets, harlys, muscle cars, old boats, and four wheelers to have super loud mufflers but its not ok for snowmobiles this to me is stupid if we can not have loud sleds motorcycles should not be loud and the motorctycles are usually riding in more populated areas.
^^ agreed!! the decible laws for snowmobiles are a bunch of crap when every other motorsport and automotive vehicle can be loud as he!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
zecow224 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
[Disappointed]

You have to be jerking me, its ok for crotch rockets, harlys, muscle cars, old boats, and four wheelers to have super loud mufflers but its not ok for snowmobiles this to me is stupid if we can not have loud sleds motorcycles should not be loud and the motorctycles are [highlight=yellow]usually riding in more populated areas[/highlight=yellow].
That's the thing, snowmobile trails go through private-owned land and more "natural" areas where the feds don't want the peace disturbed.
The public doesn't aways get to see the snowmobiling world, so when they see a sled that's super loud, they're gonna make judgements. Just the opposite with motorcycles and muscle cars, everyone has grown up with them and seen them every single day, it's become the norm.
Environmentalists/Politicians are always looking to give our sport the boot, we don't need to give them any more reasons.
But I do agree that it is a double standard.

I just put a sno-stuff rumble pack on my sled this summer, if I don't like the sound or it's too loud, the first thing I'm doing is putting the stock can back on.

If you want loud, screw the silencer and go for pipes with the built in stingers. stingers are going to louder than any can.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
zecow224 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
[Disappointed]

You are missing a key point. People can't go out and close the streets down because of a loud motorcycle. They can however, close the trail that goes across their property. It is this kind of entitlement mentality that is ruining our sport, and the country in general.

·
Registered
584 Posts
im a member of our local snowmobile club, i help sign in the fall and pick up brush then pick up the signs after winter, we try to stay away from all the picky asshole landowners, we find ways around their land so everyone in my area can have fun and not worry about someone complaining, people just need to get the corncob out of there a$$ and stop finding pety thing to complain about!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts