Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...just wanted to share...bought a 2002 Chev Silverado 1500 this week-end w/ the 5.3L (5300 Vortec) and it tows like a muther!! Got 3.73's w/ it and wow am I impressed. I really never thought the 350 could be replaced!! If you love your 350 and are ready for a new truck but cringe at the thought of owning these "new" style of engines from all 3 manufacturers (as I did), let me suggest this engine!! Thoughts, comments anyone??

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got the 350 in mine and she won't pull my trailer at all. I have a 8 by 20 that is 6 foot7 tall and I can't get more than 60 miles per hour with her and I only get 8 miles to gal when towing.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW...maybe sumpins' wrong. My last truck was a 305 vortec and i constantly towed a 7500 lbs camper w/ very little problem (asieds from the gas mileage...that's just a gas engine). it didn't even notice the 4-place snowmobile trailer!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hehe took her in last week and the tranny wasn't kicking into overdrive. Guess I should have noticed. my rpm was running at 3000 to do 70mph with out the trailer.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If the tranny wasent kicking into overdrive you shouldent have had trouble hauling a trailer.you shouldent even be using overdrive when towing heavy.your tranny isent slipping is it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts