Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why cant i find a powder track for a p.o.s. skandic swt..? i just dont get it, it doesnt matter how wide the track is if it dont got no paddles. the track is a camoplast 13056, 24" wide, with lugs less than 1 inch. that aint gonna cut it out here. i got stuck repeatedly in 14 inches of light powder and couldnt pull sh#$(work machine), it just spins out so easy. wouldnt even climb out of my driveway.

do they make a real track for a 2001 skandic swt?????

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
try www.tracksusa.com

Sounds like someones alittle bitter about a slow, heavy, low HP sled.

I would be supprised if there is a track, since this is the only sled using that wide of a track. Buy some old school plastic paddles and put them on.

The skandic wide track was the replacement for the Alpine and they are not a performance sled, if you are looking for something to climb hills and ride powder mabey look and a different sled

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its also a totally different technique riding a wide track sled. I've taken them in just about every condition short of high marking and they will just flat out go. But you have to let it do the work. Also a few studs in the track will make a world of difference. Just my .02

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, no, no, the skandic is a work machine for hauling stuff in/out of the cabin and hauling wood, etc. its not my play machine, although i can do powder turns on it. some days i love it and it will go anywhere, somedays i hate it. for fun i'll ride the rmk 700 151.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.