Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the answer will depend on how you ride and what you might hit. I just did mine for the first time. The skis were bone straight, no toe out at all. I set them out about 3/16". If you just trail ride should you be checking them often or just at the start of the year?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I usually do an alignment at the begining of the season. Only again if the handling characteristic of the sled changes(darting). The link on polarisfiles on how to do a ski alignment is not totally correct, you should align the skis to the track first before setting toe. 1/8"-1/4 is optimal.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
To be totally honest, i dont check my alignment until i notice some screwy handling charcteristics.

But at the beginning of the season should be frequent enough, unless you find a stump or rock or something like that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am putting plastic skis on my sled this weekend (hopefully)...they are currently steel...I don't need to do an alignment right?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
You wont "need" to, but i would check it anyway.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
No, you don't have to, but if your sled is darting all over the place, do you really want to be doing it when you could be riding? What I'm trying to say is, the riding season is short. Do all that you can to prepare your sled.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went out to check my Indy 500 and the toe out is over 1 inch! How the heck did that happen? I gues I better get started on that one now[8D] Man I love having something to do[:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts