Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 polaris xcsp that i ran into a concrete colbert ruined the whole rite side. took it in to get it fixed,well got it back and the steering arm was on wrong so i put it on the rite way and now its out of alignment. so what im asking is how to fix it myself. any suggestions ?? thank u for ur time

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I would start with the side that got wrecked, how do the tie rods look, compared to the other side, are there about the same amount of exposed threads sticking out? if so you may need to adjust both sides, but I am guessing that they set the one side that they fixed. I just did mine and my wifes, set them both to 1/8" toe out, measured at the front and rear of the steel ski saddle, and they both have some play in them, so I put a bungie cord on the rear of the skis to take out the excess amounts of play.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Where did you take it to get fixed? If they put it together wrong and still charged you I would go in and scream a bit or at least ask for some ching back. You aren't far from me...it wasn't Jan-Cen was it?

^^^Drew summed it up well. You want to end up with some toe out, about 1/8". Use a straight board along your track to check the alignment to the sled. Make sure the bars are straight before starting as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts