Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the ski doo sleds have been released recently and i pretty much just think its "okay". Im not much of a doo guy but im also not brand loyal im really into the 800 etek and thats about it. I wanted something more but i gues thats all they have in store for this year is that new amazing motor! What do you think?http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Snowmobiles/MXZ/Overview.htm?Sled=MXZXRS

·
Registered
480 Posts
It looks pretty sharp to me.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
my buddy whose dad is an ass doctor has already called up the dealer and said that he would like to order an xrs 800r with electric start. I wish i had that type of cash but i really like them to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
im not really impressed, compared to the sled polaris is producing. I guess ill have to take a trip to snofest in old forge to get a true feeling for them

·
Registered
179 Posts
The new sleds are sweet. The Ski Doo dealer here has a demo on the floor already

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
the summit freeride sounds pretty sick though. has a ton of graphic options instead of all white too! i will say this: why is ski-doo coloring their sleds w/ red/black color combos? i thought that was polaris's thing? (meaning the renegades mainly..the touring sleds have been red for a while. not saying i agree with that choice either) i also spotted a BLUE touring sled?! that's not right at all. I am highly biased towards ski-doo, but this is kind of a dissapointment. Only sled I would be intersted in is a TNT. one more thing, what is the 600 ACE? Looked at the engine tab at the top and didn't see anything on it. something new obviously, but they haven't mentioned anything about it. everyone has been worried about the 800e-tec instead.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ski-dooer12 said:
the summit freeride sounds pretty sick though. has a ton of graphic options instead of all white too! i will say this: why is ski-doo coloring their sleds w/ red/black color combos? i thought that was polaris's thing? (meaning the renegades mainly..the touring sleds have been red for a while. not saying i agree with that choice either) i also spotted a BLUE touring sled?! that's not right at all. I am highly biased towards ski-doo, but this is kind of a dissapointment. Only sled I would be intersted in is a TNT. one more thing, what is the 600 ACE? Looked at the engine tab at the top and didn't see anything on it. something new obviously, but they haven't mentioned anything about it. everyone has been worried about the 800e-tec instead.
im with you man...kinda disappointed on what they came out...only two new engines and one new sled...

the ACE stands for Advanced Combustion Efficiency...is a 600cc 4-stroke..with about 60hp...some claim it will replace the 550F by 2012

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dragonryder said:
ski-dooer12 said:
im with you man...kinda disappointed on what they came out...only two new engines and one new sled...

the ACE stands for Advanced Combustion Efficiency...is a 600cc 4-stroke..with about 60hp...some claim it will replace the 550F by 2012
I was wondering the same thing does it have the wieght becasue those 550's were pretty nice sleds for a fan cooled i would take it over a 60hp 4 stroke unless its really light.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The equivalent Polaris 800 Pro RMK is 18 lbs lighter than the lightest 800 summit. Polaris has not released the hp specs yet but an inside source tells me 160ish. Polaris now has a good 800 without reliabilty issues. Power to weight ratio for RMK trumps Doo. Body styling on RMK is far better in my opinion. Sleek narrow look as compaired to the chubby cheeked Doo of which I hate the unsmooth square cornered look of. Structural of the Polaris is far better without the welding. Should be interesting to see feedback next winter on this. Doo is boring this year. Same old stuff.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
500EFISKS said:
The equivalent Polaris 800 Pro RMK is 18 lbs lighter than the lightest 800 summit. Polaris has not released the hp specs yet but an inside source tells me 160ish. Polaris now has a good 800 without reliabilty issues. Power to weight ratio for RMK trumps Doo. Body styling on RMK is far better in my opinion. Sleek narrow look as compaired to the chubby cheeked Doo of which I hate the unsmooth square cornered look of. Structural of the Polaris is far better without the welding. Should be interesting to see feedback next winter on this. Doo is boring this year. Same old stuff.
couldnt have said it better myself. exactly my thoughts, and that freeride just screams Polaris Assault

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
ski-dooer12 said:
The 600 Ace is 60+ HP 4-stroke that will get @ 30 mpg Or @ 310 miles on a tank!
http://www.dootalk.com/content/showarticle.php?ID=61

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Did anybody notice that one of the graphics on the site was a little, animated, motor cross-section that was running.... and it was a TRIPLE?? Is that the little 4-stroke ACE motor, or does Ski Doo have an Etek 2-stroke triple in the works?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
500EFISKS said:
I think the stealth look is awesome and it's totally original. The new Poo looks more like an Arctic Cat to me. Bombardier's whole line appears to have improved on itself and has raised the benchmark with more ininovation once again.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
500EFISKS said:
I think the stealth look is awesome and it's totally original. The new Poo looks more like an Arctic Cat to me. Bombardier's whole line appears to have improved on itself and has raised the benchmark with more ininovation once again.
I thought the same thing when the Xp first came out! I still like the design but not the color schemes they came up with for them. They should consult you for their color scheme work! ;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The freeride isn't really any different then the Hillclimb models of the last 2 years. I'm excited to see wha that etec will do, number have been anywhere from 159 to 170 and higher with a few bolt-ons.

Are there really guys here who buy sleds based on the color schemes?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
500EFISKS said:
besides the e-tecs what is so innovative from last year?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Polaris now has a good 800 without reliabilty issues

what have they changed? I'd love to have one but hearing stories of guys getting 10 engine changes to keep a 800 going worrys me. so that got me looking at the summits now

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I think the ETEC is great, and no not a lot of changes from the 2010s but why change a good thing? Im riding a 09 Summit X this year. Im not meaning to p!$$ of any poo guys here or brand bash but the dragons and assults cant touch the doo in hillclimbing or deep pow pow. Plus our 800 isnt coming apart left and right like the poo. Talked to one of the Poo dealers here in CO and he says the updated top end for the 800 isnt going much further than the origonal! Not bashing here, just talking the facts guys. I dont really know how the trail sleds performe against each other but I will tell you that skidoo owns the mountain market. Polaris isnt even our big competetor, arctic cat is.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I really like the new graphics. Mainly the "X" models though. The summit free ride looks like a great machine and seems pretty light too. But I really like the red on the Renegades too. haha

I hope that the E-tec on the 800 works like it did on the 600. That motor will change the game for the rest of the 2-stroke brands! I hope I can get an 800 e-tec in a few years.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts