Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i am looking at some newer 2000-2002 ski-doo mxzs what is the difference in horse power the 500 vs 600 is it only at the top end speed or is it all around i mostly trail ride but cross some fields from time to time never over 80 mph and to me its not how fast it goes its how fast it gets there lol and how would say a new 2003 mxz 500 stand up to an older say 94 formula z 583 are the newer sleds snappier any info much appreciated thanx guys i like the 2003s 500 but dont want to get left in the dust

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I have a 2001 MXZ 500 and my bro has the 2002 600 and they are not that far off. He beats me top speed, but he should he has the 600. Off the line they are really close until around 60-70 mph then he pulls away. He also has studs and I do not(yet). If you like to tinker with your machines you can always do some clutch work or other things and make the 500 scream out of the hole. You will not get left in the dust or be embarassed, but you will save $$$ on the 500 not to mention the cheaper insurance. I absolutely
love my 500. the funnest sled I have owned and I used to drive and XCR. it's very quick, light, and nimble.

Bill

"...Then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I'll give you 3 guesses which one I prefer, and one of the biggest reasons is , mileage, I can ride all day on one tank of gas cause I don't ride WOT all the time. I can usually get 110 - 125 miles out of a tank.
I might have to fill once if we are really putting down the track.
Go for the 500 stock, then tweek it if you want, Hot Seat has some great stuff for 500 Polaris', and they will know where to get skidoo stuff.
Here's my 500.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasenuf/avtr.jpg

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My partner's son rides a Form. 500 SLS, I ride a Form. Dlx. 583. We raced across a lake last winter, we were neck-and-neck until we go to the top end when I finally pulled away. (whew!) lol

If you're constantly running wide open, it's probably easier on your motor to go with the bigger engine. Otherwise, the 500 will do you fine.

JMHO

Jacqui.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i would go with the 600 but if you are looking for gas milage go with the 500, and that thing should be able to do 80 stock so you can save some money

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
bout will get u to 80 pretty fast, if u a big guy, go for the 600, smaller id go for 500, MXZ's will be a snappy sled no matter what size.....we can give u pages of specs and opinions, but all i can say is go visit ur dealer, listen to him for abit, wait for snow and then say u wanna test out some sleds, and he will be more than willing to get ne sled out for u to try.....damn dealers and wantin ur money.....hehe.....some are cool tho...

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for all the info guys i really appreciate it hopefully we get snow this yr

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys i just got it today 2002 mxz 600 thing looks awesome black with yellow screen kit yellow skis with the double carbides each ski now lets hope it snows thanx again for all the info guys

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Oh man, I would love to have that sled!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Congrats on the new sled

Double carbides??? Is that the Renegade model, or are they putting those sweet skis on the whole line-up now?

Let's see a picture with you on it.....never enough pictures around here.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will be picking it up next friday the dealer i bought it from is busy with boats still winterizing it came with standard skis i hade to pay extra for the double runner skis and hade to buy the screen kit extra as well and the cover and so on but i cant wait to get it in my garage next weekend thing looks like a rocket its the mxz 600 sport black

1 - 11 of 11 Posts