Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as i metioned 2 days ago my sled was pulling too much oil and making a ticking noise. Well i found out my rings went out. So i was wondering who makes the BEST high performance piston kit for this engine(everthing i need gaskets, pistons, rings, ect.) and any pointers on the tear down and rebuil process. Any replies are greatly appreciated! Thank you much

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have you pulled the pots off you may need to have them rebuilt . They are likely scored . Yamaha don't use sleves so you have to get them recoated .You will know when you pull the pots off. If the ring broke and scored the cylinder there will be deep marks .I don't know where you get that done in the U.S you will have to search the net .

·
Registered
892 Posts
Good topic, we just pulled the head on a buddies' 98 MXZ 583. Piston had a hole big enough to put your finger through, plus half of the exhaust side of the piston was gone. How far can the cylinders be bored out on these, if need be?

·
Registered
105 Posts
HAHA! I never even thought what the wemon might think about me refering to cylinders as "jugs"..... haha that cracks me up. I guess i somehow never realted the two uses of the words... hah

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
"Jugs"...hehe...me neither!! Funny...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by mattgross
[br]i don't think there are any women on here, but if there are any, How you doing?
Well Jacq's...we should probably cut him some slack...there must be no snow where he is...cause he sure isn't getting any drifts in here....lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To the original question. I don't think they make "kits" but I have never had anything but great luck using Wiseco pistons in numerous air cooled top end rebuilds.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by 650Indy
[br]This is priceless.. Hi Jacqui.. I dunno for some reason I'm fairly certain there are ladies present..
[:D]Has someone got a quarter? Maybe we could buy Mattgross a clue![:D]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mattgross, it was originally brought to your attention to be careful with your posts because you never know whom you're going to offend. You then come back with the comment that there aren't any women that post on this site.

I have posted regularly on this site for quite some time and most of the regular posters know me and know that I am a woman, so we had a little fun trying to draw your attention to the fact that there are women (incidentally I'm not the only one) who read and post here.

So you feel the need to get insulting? Yes, I am twice your age, but perhaps it's time you grew up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i was joking, see the winks, if you don't want people know you age don't put it on you profile, this site is getting lamer and lamer, any fun that goes on get erased or someone thinks it will affend some one, well if you want to talk about mean comments you started the thing by wanting to buy me a clue implying that im stupid, but i didn't complain i just came back with a little joking comment and you got all offended, well if you can't take it don't dish it out. and if you are worried about you age don't put it out for everyone to see, simple as that, and by the way im 20 so you are more then half.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mattgross, the only one who seems to have a problem with my age is you. I don't know why you would insinuate that I would "want" you because you are half my age? I thought the reason we were all here was because of our love of snowmobiling.

This all started because someone brought it to your attention that your references to pots or cylinders as "jugs" (including your little pictorial) could be offensive to someone. I thought at that time that maybe you need to grow up but I originally kept it to myself. I do find your comment about some of us "older women" liking "that kind of thing" offensive.

After I directly answered your post with a question and you still went on about there being no women here, I did post a more blunt reply. If I was too harsh, I apologize.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, already Yama-doo has lost any hope of getting his original question dealt with here, and I apologize to Yama-doo for that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
wine wine wine, i don't have a problem with your age, my moms that age, i don't have a problem with her. and i define older as older then me, so you are a older women, your "older".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts