Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 00 ski-doo 800 with 3 cylinders and he has bosted it to 160 hp.
will i be able to beat him in top speed with a 04 saber cat 700 with a aftermarket pipe?
if not what are some good mods to do?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Should be close. Depends on how long you run too. The Cat should get it off the line for sure and probly keep ahead for a while...but my guess would be the longer you go the better the 8 would pull on you. That'd be pretty close though...but I'd say top speed his would win.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Play the power to wieght game what does the F7 wiegh with you on it. What does his sled wiegh with him on it. My bet is that the sled is around 100 lbs light so run basic 4/lbs per Hp and he would need 165 to have the same power to wieght ratio. Should be a pretty close race.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
clutch kit and pipe would probably give you an edge.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
your sled is quicker his is faster, especially if he threw some gearing at it,
for a long pull you will have him for a little bit but then he should creep away, if he did the same things to his as you do to yours the gap would get a lot wider, to see 190 trail hp out of the 800 tripple class isnt all to bad, speed comes from hp, the longer the distance the less wieght matters, but on the trail you should have him. your corner to corner time should be a lot better, you might do a quarter mile distance in 7 seconds at 70 mph he might do in in 9 seconds but come into the corner at 90 mph. you should flat out kill him in the roughs stuff. the machs were never the greatest ditch banger suspension

·
Registered
8 Posts
as to the 900 if you clutch it and port it right you shuld be at 170 ish or just clutch it and ad twin pipes around the same but if money isn't an issue do the heads twin pipes clutch and port the cylinders you will take him from start to finish. remember those older triples are real heavy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts