Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best, and possibly the cheapest way to get my MX Z out of the hole quicker. My knowledge with clutches and clutch kits is very limited. I am trying to learn more! Can anyone give me some tips, maybe some springs that i could try. Is a clutch kit the best way to go? Where could i learn more?

·
Registered
837 Posts
what mxz do you have and year, but usually you can lower the top gear by a tooth or 2 and that will realyy help, or you can try different ramps in the clutch or spring weight to raise the enguagement rpm, but i need more info on your machine

·
Registered
105 Posts
matt you got the same two sleds as me, with the exception thet my 583 is a 97.

If you want to learn about clutching a nd gearing, buy ski-doo's racing handbook. It's got some great info on those two things, and also tweaking your rear suspention to get more grab out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My MXZ is a 2000 700cc. Where would i find ski-doo's racing handbook, at the dealer? Stock engagement is around 4000-4200 with the stock spring.

·
Registered
837 Posts
im in the process of getting it worked out right know, i have a 160 260 main and 287 ramps and 19 gram pins but i will cahnge to 22 and i will be running 286 ramp, also i my secondary is set at 21 lbs but that is to high and won't let the clutchs shift all the way so i will set it at 18, and i have goodwin putton in there. the motor has vforce 2 and reed spacers and a exhaust restricter, and i just finished proting the cyclinder and i am waiting for rings tomorrow to put the top end back toether. my gearing is 27/43 but i amn changing to 27 41 and see how that goes, but im not finished getting it set yet so don't try those settings

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of those changes that you are making, where did you get them? Or is it trial and error? Did you find much difference when you installed the VForce 2? What is the purpose behind the exhaust restrictor? Sorry for all the question, but i am tired of running stock, want a little edge from the others, and i guess this is the only way i will learn.

·
Registered
837 Posts
on my machine stock was 26-43 a lot of changes i got from other people and i am woring with a guy online that has the same as me and were both have the same problem and he got his figured out and i am going to try his set up and see how it goes, all the parts i have already so its not a big deal to change stuff. there v force were on the sled when i got but i have installed them on my jetski and they made a big improvement in the mid range and top end, the exhaust restricter is not for the 700, only the 800 01 it makes the exit of the pipe a little smaller and give the correct to make more power, i have a drawing i did on cad to illistrate it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i gave me 5 mph top end but if i can get my clutchs shifting all the way then that can kick it up 15-20 mph, the other guy was maxing out at 99 and with the new clutch set up he hit i think it was 117,

dyson check your msn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts