Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a question now i have a 94 ski doo mach 1 670 that cought on fire. So i went and bought another chassis the chassis is a 1996 ski doo formula 583. I didnt get the motor for the 583 but my question is do them 583 have the big plate for the motor to mount to the sled? Becouse im gunna stick my 670 motor on the 583 chassis and when i stuck the motor in sled the mounts for the 670 were different and that why i was wondering if the 583 had a plate. The wires were all the same and thats the only thing im lacking if it needs a plate if you guys can help me out that will be great i only bought chassis for $175 only missing the windshield it also have a studded track but let me know thanks guys!!! 2010122723552703_34071.jpg
2010122723755562_34071.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the red sled in the pic didnt cought on fire but my mach 1 that i had problems with thats the one cought on fire it melted it right down pretty much the motor that came out of that mach 1 is still good. The wires thats coming out of the 670 motor didnt even get burnt it still gets spark has great compression so i think it should still run. Im gunna buy new carb boots,fuel lines,and coolant hoses. I went and found a nice formula 583 for $175 to put that motor in i was wondering if them formula 583 had a motor mount plate becouse i started to stick that 670 motor into the 583 chassis and the mounts wont line up so i was wondering if i can put that plate on there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 670 doesnt have the big motor mount plate but i looked on my uncles formula 500 and it has the plate i was talking about thats what i was wondering. but i found out

this is the motor mount plate i was talking about my 670 didnt have one so i would need to get one of these.

skidoo91 said:
the 670 doesnt have the big motor mount plate but i looked on my uncles formula 500 and it has the plate i was talking about thats what i was wondering. but i found out

this is the motor mount plate i was talking about my 670 didnt have one so i would need to get one of these.
20101228125253375_34071.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have another question on my 1994 ski doo mach 1 670 it has 2 fuel pumps, now im putting the 670 engine in the 96 ski doo formula 583 chassis and it only has 1 fuel pump. Now i was wondering do i need them both pumps for that engine if so how would i do that what i mean is where would the other fuel line from the other fuel pump go in the gas tank? thats what i was wondering i dont wanna mess anything up.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
How in the hell did the old motor not have a motor mount?
Doesnt matter on the fuel pump, if it has two outgoing fuel lines it will work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok how will i do this there are 2 places where the line goes on the motor it goes from the fuel pump to the motor? Im not talking about the carbs but the other place on the motor its under the carbs where im talking about

·
Registered
84 Posts
skidoo91 said:
ok how will i do this there are 2 places where the line goes on the motor it goes from the fuel pump to the motor? Im not talking about the carbs but the other place on the motor its under the carbs where im talking about
thats the pulse line. it pulses the diaphragm in the fuel pump to pump the fuel

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
skidoo91 said:
You said the 670 originally had 2 fuel pumps right? Both of those barbs are for pulse lines, one to each pump. Since you are running a single pump now youre going to have to block off one of them. The pulse line is what drives the diaphrage in the fuel pump and actually pumps the fuel. The single pump should have 4 hose barbs on it. One will have as arrow pointing in (fuel in), and two will have an arrow pointing out(fuel out, one to each carb). The fourth usually is on the top of the pump and prob dosnt have an arrow, thats where the pulse line coming from the block connects to.

Good luck with the rest of the swap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes the 670 has 2 fuel pumps and ya i couldnt think of that the pulse line. so i have to block the pulse line on 1 of the pumps? and do i have to block the spot where the line goes into the block for the pulse line?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i said that wrong so i have to block one of them on the block where the pulse line goes from the pump if so which one should i block off the pull cord side or the clutch side? and it wont hurt the motor any right?

and thats another question i had. Why do them sleds have 2 fuel pumps on the 670? thanks for the help so far guys im not really good with this stuff thats why i have so many questions.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Shouldnt matter which one you block off. I would prob block the the one on the clutch side. It will hurt the motor if you DONT block it off. If it even runs like that itll suck tons of air and melt a piston.

No idea why a 670 would have dual pumps. Maybe to make sure the carbs NEVER starve for fuel under any conditions?

Dont worry about the questions, thats why the forum is here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
o ok i just didnt wanna ruin it or anything im probley gunna put the motor in tomorrow then i need to get carb boots and a throttle cable then im set to go

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys just wanted to give ya an update i finally got the motor in my sled heres couple of pics all i need is 2 carb boots and a throttle cable. 20111321395636_34071.jpg
201113214122339_34071.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts