Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my 1996 skidoo formula 600. It will start easily and tends to bog at low speeds but when the track lifted up on the trailer it works fine at higher speeds. I replaced the plugs, ok, compression 120psi in each of the three cylinders. I cleaned the jets and carb. I have good spark and sometimes the engine will really backfire from the exhaust. Any ideas???[B)]

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sounds like the carbs are out of adjustment, and probably out of sync as well. When you say "tend to bog", are we talking a BAD bog, or just enough of a bog to annoy you? If it's latter try setting the carbs to their factory spec and tuning them equally. Let us know

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bogging condition is at low rpms and it WILL stall the engine. Without taking each one out and setting to factory settings, is there a way to adjust them one by one while the engines is operating?? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure your raves are clean and properly adjusted, they can cause similar problems when their dirty.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, PUG thanks I have cleaned the RAVEs and will try to adjust the idle mixture later this week.

Larry

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the proper setting for stock carbs on the 96 formula III 600? Is it specific to skidoo? Where can I find this info? Is it available on the web? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed that new plugs put in a couple of days ago are dirty and dry on the two furthest from the clutch and the the other one is very clean and a little wet. I did notice that the cylinder with the moist plug was smoking a little after having the engine running for 1 minute. What could all of this mean indicate? Any thoughts, ideas???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts