Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch is moving but will not engage fully to move the track. Anyone have any ideas as to the solution? What are the items to check? I don't know anything about clutches. Could it be the spring or the secondary clutch? I need to fix this problem this week and would appreciate any input... Thanks.[V]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Does the engine clutch try yo engage at all.allso will the track turn if you try turning it over by hand.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luvemall, the engine clutch does engage and it does move to the belt with little(none)tension to the belt. The track will turn if turned by hand. It seemed to work fine yesterday with the track in the air. Today it wouldn't move 5 feet on the ground. I just purchased the sled with 6000 miles. How long do they normally last? What are the items that normally need service? Thanks for the feedback.[V]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your driven clutch and make sure the drive belt is all the way to the top of the pully. It is possible for the driven movable sheave to stick in the open position. This would be like trying to pull away in high gear and it just wont do that. If this is the case the clutch would have to be taken off and disassembled and serviced. Sometimes the cam can oxidize so much the sheave can stick on it. Also check the bushings, if they are worn too much the movable sheave can cock slightly during operation and bind up. Anyway, just some things to check. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry, How do I know if the spring is weak or not? I lifted up the sled and it does engage the track at 4-4.5k and had it up to 60mph. Yesterday it wouldn't move its own weight or me on it. Is this the likely issue with the spring? Please respnd as I stumped and would like to get the sled back up and running one more time this year! Thanks for your help. Anyone else have input?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts