Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is as equal of a race as you're going to find. My cousin has a Polaris XC 800, and I have a MXZ 800X. We did some races and got some video. Both sleds have stock 800cc engines with Rumble pack silencers. Both sleds have 144 Woody's Studs and 121" tracks. I weigh 175lbs, and my cousin weighs 220lbs. We raced once and switched sleds, and raced again to be fair...Here is the result:

Ski-Doo MXZ 800X vs. Polaris XC 800
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
nice even race
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Both sleds sound nice :D

Looks like your cousin got a little bit of a jump at the beginning in the first race. No matter :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tonyisnt
[br]Looks like your cousin got a little bit of a jump at the beginning in the first race. No matter :thumbup
Yes, I had a BAAAD start on the first race. Actually the first time we raced we started too close (side by side) we both hit the gas and the skis were off the snow and we drifted towards eachother and almost hit.

That's why in the video our two sleds are so far apart at the start...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
where were you riding??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
thanks, i'm looking for some place to go in the next week or 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,327 Posts
Nice did the doo stay like that or did it pull more the farther you guys got?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,718 Posts
nice video, It would have been cool to have the video operator farther down the trail so when you pass the camera at 80 we could see which sled would be were. Kinda like the video of IQ -vs- Fusion when they both flew by at WOT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,904 Posts
thats the way races should be posted on here. with videos! congrates on the win. and nice sounding can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]nice video, It would have been cool to have the video operator farther down the trail so when you pass the camera at 80 we could see which sled would be were. Kinda like the video of IQ -vs- Fusion when they both flew by at WOT.
Intimdtr, do you have a link to that IQ vs. Fusion race?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,718 Posts
It's on here. Erick -vs- P-Man. I'll find it for ya.

Found it...

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=7147
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]nice video, It would have been cool to have the video operator farther down the trail so when you pass the camera at 80 we could see which sled would be were. Kinda like the video of IQ -vs- Fusion when they both flew by at WOT.
I'll get one like that soon. My group will be riding Wisconsin lakes the first weekend in FEB, and were going to line up a race with:

2003 F7
2006 Apex
2005 MXZ 800 H.O.
Polaris XC 800

Three riders will have helmet cams, that will make for some awesome Video...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
sick video
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top