Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i won this sled off of ebay for 10 bucks today , not sure how that happenned, but it did, went out and picked it up (a whopping 40 mile drive, haha) and really liked what i saw, the sled is complete, except some of the bogie wheels need to be put back in, and the hood is junk, has 150 lbs of compression? seems like alot to me, and it does have spark, i'm thinking about putting it back up on ebay once i learn more about it and et it started, the lady that listed it just put "Black and yellow ski doo snowmobile" and it only had like 100 people view it by the time the auciton was over, so i think thats why it went so cheap
if anyone knows anything abou thtis sled, please let me know, i dont even know how to figure out the year, its got a fan in it, the motor plate says engine model 305
[attachment=54895]
[attachment=54896]
[attachment=54897]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The 305 engine is a beefed up version of the 295. It has more compression and different porting.
In good condition, these can bring as much as $600/700 just in a newspaper ad.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you want to make some money, you should parts it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Part It Out Thats Nuts Its In Nice Shape The 299 Twins Are Snappy But A 305 It Sounds Even Snappier! Looks Like A 79 Or 78 Around There..

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
the entire sled looks the same as our 77 Olympique with the exception that ours has a black hood and is a 340 cc engine. Check the tunnel for the id tag for the sound emissions...i think thats is right next to the "belt" that runs across the seat. If you read in there it should say something about meeting sound emissions for 19XX and that will get you close.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It says the manufacture date was october of 1976, so that would make it a 77 I take it? thanks for the help guys, havent decided whether or not im going to get it runnin and sell it, part it out and sell it, or get a new hood, kill switch , gas cap and handlebar pad and keep it as a damn near mint sled, haha, i looked over it in good light for the first time today and thats all that i could find wrong everything else is in awesome condition

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yeah its a 77 then.

·
Registered
614 Posts
As they say " don't destroy it, restore it "
[attachment=55253]
1977 300T

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i picked up anotehr part sled for it, its a 75, the hood fits on though, white hood, so if anyone is interested in a 77 olympique 300 with a 75 hood, model 305 engine and a spare engine, im looking to trade for a vintage cat, it'll probably be up on ebay soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts