Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some help I rolled my 04 mxz800 ho over the weekend it bent the bars on the left side and blew apart the bar controls with the hand warmers brights and r.e.r buttoms. I got new bars and I bought a used bar control assembly or what ever it is I was the same two connection as I had I plugged it in and its all waked out I have to have the brights on to use revers it won't engage unless brights are on. All lights are dime can't see much of anything. Any suggestions or starting points would be very helpful. I'm not a sled machanic so details help l. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yes details do help, didn't give much to go from
Are the used parts from the same year and make of sled?
sounds like some how the RER is getting its power from the high beam feed,You must have some wiring issues so I would locate a wiring diagram and start tracing wires,

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes details do help, didn't give much to go from
Are the used parts from the same year and make of sled?
sounds like some how the RER is getting its power from the high beam feed,You must have some wiring issues so I would locate a wiring diagram and start tracing wires,

Good luck
The switch was of a 02 mxz same connections I originally got one of an 06 mxz but I had an extra connection I don't need so I returned it for the 02 I figured they were pretty universal do I need an 04?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
No idea? That is where a wiring diagram would help. Is the place you are getting this from not able to assist you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I bought it up north I'm 4 hours south of there. All the wiring was good after the wreck the connections to the controls were the only part left. Iv read anything for 03 to 07 revs were pretty universal. Maybe because this ones off an 02 bit it looks identical to my old one with same connections I don't see why it won't work.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
or wires where switched in the connector, a wiring diagram would be a great tool to help you troubleshoot your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts