Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know why you have to disconnect the reverse plug on a 500F Summit when operating at sea level. The dealer doesnt know and a call to Ski-Doo Tec center wouldn't tell me, said I had to get info from my dealer. Am opererating the Summit at sea level and partially bought it because of the Electronic RER reverse, NICE when it works. Is there any Ski-Doo service people out there? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sorry I really can't help but I would be pretty sure there is a connector down in there that just unplugs. Can't say for sure. I was just gonna ask why you would pay the extra for the long track mountain sled when you ride at sea level?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

sorry I really can't help but I would be pretty sure there is a connector down in there that just unplugs. Can't say for sure. I was just gonna ask why you would pay the extra for the long track mountain sled when you ride at sea level?

[/quote]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In reply to sled dog's question as to why I bought a mountain sled for sea level rideing. We ride off trail in deep snow and the long track with deep lugs is the only way to go. Smith

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Say what? disconnect the reverse plug on it when riding at sea level? what the heck does that have to do with where you ride? Does your owners manual say anything about it? The only thing that i could possibly think is that is has something to do with either ignition timing or a fuel enrichment device, neither of which i would understand why this would be true though. I would find a different Ski-Doo dealer and see what they say, its possbile that since you bought a deep snow machine in the "flat lands" the dealers just dont know about that stuff. If all else fails i would see if you could find a Ski-Doo dealer in the higher elevations and email them with your question. Explain to them that your dealer is unexperienced with the mountain sleds and that you are looking for some help. Or maybe you could get your Ski-Doo dealer to call the Tec-Center for you and find out. A dealer is "usually" ready and willing to assist you, because they want your future business.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts