Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, just bought 03 rev have had one ride putting new plugs in does anyone know the gap and bought spare belt, my rmk had a nice place to carry spare belt right ontop of belt gaurd the rev does not seem to have a under the hood spot for the belt, any ideas???Cheers!!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
No need to gap your plugs. They come pregapped. All the revs ive seen have the spare belt hooked onto the sidepanel. You could also put two small slits in belt guard and use velcro to keep belt in place. Thats how my M is setup.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
most rev's have them located under the hood on the brace just above the exhaust pipe
[attachment=51491]

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, unfortunatly this rev has been piped and one pipe runs over that crossmember that you pointed out. I did manage to strap the spare belt in on the right side just above the airbox and over to one of the stuts seems to work fine. Better to have it there instead of the backpack as this area is reserved for beverages and lunch! As far as the sparkplug gap goes yes the gap looks okay fresh out of the box but in my 25 years as a mechanic I like to check them just as a peice of mind. Again Thanks Much!!Cheers!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Some guys were sticking belts between the gas tank and the airbox if I recall correctly. Spark plug gap depends on engine. Which engine do you have?

Ski-doo uses plugs that shouldn't be regapped anyway. Here's a post off Dootalk.com that explains it.

OK I stand Corrected.... after some more research and contacting an NGK tech. I think I have some answers for all of us. I e-mailed NGK and this is the response I recieved, The first stated this

>You can't set the gap. The spark plug you were sold was most likely the
>small gap design BR9ECS stock number 6669. You need to purchase the BR9ECS
>stock number 3570 if you have the SDI model. >

The second response was...

This spark plug has a special low angle ground electrode designed to withstand detonation, vibration and pre-ignition. The spark plug use a thick low angle ground, that is preset at the factory. You can't slip a gauge into this area due to the fact the center electrode is lower then the outer shell. The gauge will read incorrectly. In addition to this you can fatigue the nickel alloy causing ground failure. You must purchase the correct spark plug for the application.

If your application requires a gap of .030 to .032 then use stock number 3570. If you require the small gap of .018 " use stock number 6669.

NGK Spark Plugs produces spark plugs for Ski Doo. Ski Doo dictates to us what they need and we produce it for them. The reason this spark plug cost more then the BR9ES is for the following reasons.

1. Low Sales volumes
2. Special Design

Hope this helps.

Jon MacQuarrie
Technical Customer Service Representative
[email protected]

So what this boils down to is we can't even really check the gap due to the location of the electrode. so we need to trust that the gap is set proper. This is straight from NGK . Hope it answers everthing this time and sorry that the first info I posted from NGK was not correct For the BR9ECS but safe for most other ngk pulgs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Day All,
thank you Offshore24, your information helped answer alot of questions thanks for the research! The machine is a '03+1/2 rev, from what I understand as far as revs go it was skidoo's first on the rev platform. The engine is the rotax 800 which I think is actually a 793. The indivisual who owned it before me was not a preventetive maintenance type of guy and owned the machine since he bought off a dealer and it was a demo machine. The plugs that were in the engine are the BR9ECS with a gap of .018". I took the old ones out and you are able to slip a gauge in. There seems to be just enough electrode past the plain of the outer shell. I also took two new ones out of the box and checked their gap. Right on the money! The plugs have one extra number after the main number making them a BR9ECS 5. Wheather the 5 is factored in or this is actually a different plug than one that might have just BR9ECS on it I don"t know. Next time I am in the parts store I will inquire and post back if I find out. I think the freezing level went up a bit today hope thats not a trend..Ride Safe. Cheers!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The 5 relates to the gap i believe. There are several diff gap sizes and fixed and screw tops in the BR9ECS series of plugs. They made it as confusing as humanly possible.

Back in '05 when I bought my Gade the following choices were available:
There are 2 diff gaps. (.018 and .031)
There are solid top and screw top in those same 2 diff gaps.
There are stock #s for Canadian and US sold plugs.

Now they have added a number at the end to designate diff gaps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This forum is great answered every question I had and more thanks to all! Got another question though. '03 Ski Doo Rev 800 has no reverse, has anybody put reverse on or heard of it being done?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
If he didn't do any PM on that sled you may want to see if the rings need to be done. I thought the 800's in 03 and 04 needed to be re-done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
whell this is a wherd reply but but the 07 rsk 800 159 inch track beat the artic cat 1000 162 inch and the rider on the 800 was a bout 50 pound hever . and just for ur info if u un hook your sway bar it helps if ur a rell ciber because it lets the skis go free . and the snow conditon wher hard as a rock ! c ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts