Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a ski doo rev, and he just got a new ski, and he was trying to take the ski handle off the old one and put it on the new one, but we cant figure out how to get the handle off. Isnt it supposed to be easy? Are we doing something wrong? Do you have any tips or tricks to get it off? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
what do you mean by handle? Loop?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[attachment=57088]

^There is a pic. It was a cell phone pic so sorry bout the quality. But that is what it looks like on both sides. So is there something that we are missing to get it off?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
If I'm seeing it right, that is a rivet. You will need to drill the center out and the head should snap off. To put it back together you will need a rivet gun and rivets.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]If I'm seeing it right, that is a rivet. You will need to drill the center out and the head should snap off. To put it back together you will need a rivet gun and rivets.
^^^YEP^^^^^ or just get a bolt and nut so its easier to get off next time

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
[/quote]
or just get a bolt and nut so its easier to get off next time
[/quote]

Yeah.. That would probably be the best way to go

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We didnt think it is a rivet, it may be but it is hollow all the way through. So it is not really a normal one if it is a rivet... Is it definitly a rivet? OR are there any other suggestions out there?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts