Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Summit 500 ski-doo that obviously has had it voltage regulator gone out. I have removed it and the wires on the plug had gotten hot to the point of deteriorating the 4 pole plug and possibly shorting the two wires (and maybe just this short is the problem). Anyway, the headlight bulbs keep burning out and I am ready to replace.

However this sled has had an electric start put on. The books call for a 410-110-600 part number and the one I pulled out is a 410 9184 2 995 tympanium regulator. I have found a 410918400 online (which is specified for a 1996 Ski-doo 580 GT, which also shows the 410-110-600) and seems to be a high dollar part which is alright if it what I need. My feeling is that the electric start package required this different regulator and that the 410-110-600 will not work for this application with the electric start. Am I on the right track???

Thanks
Kenny

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I don't think the voltage regulator works in conjunction with the starter, buy the cheap one, be sure all your wires are in good shape, shorting wires will melt wires and blow bulbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be the case that AC is utilized for most the rest of the machine while the starter (and I would guess the coil) requires DC.

The 410918400 utilized on the GT 580 (and on mine) was superseded by 515175546. Replace and back in the light.

The nasty thing about the whole thing was the mounting location (located almost under the engine and rope start). You could almost see it, touch it, get a wrench to it, but not at the same time. As least I know no one is going to steal it.

Thanks for the response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts