Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the 2003 MXZ's. I think that they are going to be great.

Michael Wentz

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Please don't post the same threads in multiple forums, it just eats up disk space and bandwidth. Although I like your tone in this post better than the others you have posted.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
technically he didn't He posted about the REV in cool stuff. Not sure if he posted anywhere else. I think I would like to hear more input than just I think they will be great. I like the white face gauges that light up red. The SDI should be interesting but beyond that it is still a Skippy aka my last choice in sleds.

·
Registered
948 Posts
But I just saw on their website that the 03 MXZ and MXZ X will both be on the REV chassis for 03.

http://www.ski-doo.com/SkiDoo2003/web/jsp/1000_mainPage.jsp?Params=N.CAEN.1010.0

The 2003 Ski-Doo® MX* Z Sport and X-package sleds will be built on a brand new platform, called the REV.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
oops I was wrong you were right. nm. The MXZ is on the REV. The mountain sleds were what I saw. THey were in so much powder couldn't see thought at least one of them was a normal MXZ. /me slaps own head

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe that the rest of the MXZ's (non REV X and Sport) will be in the ZX-X (last years "X" package) chassis this year. I thought I saw that the Trail and Adren. models will still be in the older chassis. Monday, Ski-doo's web-site will show all of the models for 2003. So we will know the answer then.
P.S. Sled_Dog, that Skippy comment really hurts!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
http://www.off-road.com/snowmobile/reviews/2003/mxz_rev/riding_pos_lg.jpg check this. I have to ride one of those. That is the style of riding I like. I think this may actually be quite the experience. It may not look so great but it is all functional.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Other than uglier than a pile of dinosaur feces, I'm sure they perform quite well.

That riding position looks quite comfortable, I know on my sled I never sit near the rear of the seat, My knees are always bent around 90 degrees. Way easier to jump up if the need arises.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah exactly that is how I sit most of the time except when we are just cruisin and I relax. I think it is a really good looking sled except for one thing. The windshield. That makes it look so dumb. It is tall and sleek then bam this big ugly thing blasts out the sides of it. Would look better if instead of those windshield hand covers it had hand covers on the handlebars. I also noticed if you look closely the rear suspension is linked to the mud flap so when the suspension goes up the flap does too. Pretty good idea even though the flap is pretty ugly too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was watching one of the WSA races on espn the other day and one of the Ski-Doo mods was starting to get crossed up over the mogals. The announcer mentioned that the new Doo's rear end gets alittle squirrelly sometimes. Don't know how true that is, but with the driver up front more I could see how that could happen.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I didn't notice that too much when I saw them....purhaps it was just in that particular snow condition or something. I would have to say that the polaris sleds looked the most hooked-up of them all though.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got off of the new 2003 Ski-doo web-site, and the REV is just a package from the MXZ line. You can still order a ZX chassis MXZ. I just thought I would clear that up. Here is the link:
http://www.ski-doo.com/SkiDoo2003/web/jsp/100_mainPage.jsp?Params=N.US.210.0&modelId=200200

1 - 18 of 18 Posts