Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 polaris xlt 600 trying to get skis off only one bolt right took off castle nut to remove bolt. bolt will not come out ski is loose but i have beat sh*t out of bolt to push it out but it wont budge help please is there a special trick or what thanks[beatup]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledfreak139 said:
Penetrating oil and Patience my friend. Just be careful not to ruin the bolt trying to get it off.
to late bolt is trash but new ski includes new bolt so its ok just want bolt uot sore arm using bfh [thumb]

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well you can always grind off the head and punch it out if you ruined it. But make that a last resort.

grab some vice grips to hold the bad side of the bolt. make sure they are tight. When trying to break the bolt free, dont just pull hard, you need some kind of impact. I usually just use my impact gun but you can use a hammer too.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
bolt is rusted inside spindle bushing. Only way is to cut/grind bolt head and bolt threads off. Will need to get a new bushing in addition to the new bolt. There is a grease zerk on the spindle, but that only lubes the bushing inside the spindle. There's nothing to lube the bolt inside the bushing, so they rust.

With the new bolt, add some grease to the shaft of the bolt. Add this to your list of preseason maintainence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts