Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02' XC600 with 8" carbides on the front and 96 studs in back, but when I hit glare ice I can't even turn. Not at all. What is the best way to adjust my ski pressure so I can get more pressure up front?

Thanks[:p]

·
Registered
837 Posts
if your carbides are dulled at all they will lose almost all thurning on hard glare ice, if you plane on ice riding without snow on it, you will want to have a set of carbides you only use on ice, and also sdon't forget the hyfax, i just burned a set of brand newones this week, so to prevent this you will need a set of ice scratchers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Regarding more ski pressure, the sticker under my hood suggest to increase the spring tension on the front shocks. For me, it made a difference on hard pack snow but I'm not sure about ice. After reading Matt's post I was wondering about the hyfax. I never had to buy them. what is the recommendation here?

·
Registered
699 Posts
look at them from under neath and if you can see your aluminum slide rails through the windows on your track its time to replace them

·
Registered
425 Posts
What is the recommended brand or material composition for a 96 Indy XLT SP extra-12 susp.?

·
Registered
23 Posts
the guy i bought my xc600 from weighed about 265. I weigh 165. I rode it for 2 days bouncin all over the place...I turned the ski springs down to softon the front then i tightened the FRONT limiter straps only 6 full turns on both nuts...what a huge difference!my manual says the skis should be set to occationally bottom outon hard bumps.play around with it...its not hard to adjust & there are many combos of adjustments you can make. Im not sure how well you can actually steer on solid ice though[:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts