Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Ski-Roules that were left in the barn of the property that I purchase 12 years ago, one is a 340 and needs a windshield and a 440 that needs alot more but could be revived. Ive had both running but I am not sure what I should do with them. Is there a market for these sleds?

·
Registered
104 Posts
We need more info on both. What year are they? What models? Most vintage sleds get $100 to $500 depending on a number of things- Mostly though, its the condition of seat, hood, track, tunnel, belly, skis, etc. You will get more for rare models/racers. (RT-X) It also depends on where you live, and who is willing to pay for your sleds. Just about anything will sell on EBAY- you might not get what you wanted though. Hope this helps[8D] ARCTIC

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are both 73s one RTX 300 and an RTX 447 the 300 is in great shape as far as hood and seat go, the 447 needs a little love ie: hood and guage pod. Since the hood are the same, I am considering swapping the parts and putting the 447 together I think it would be the better ride. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
489 Posts
could you post a pic please just to see what they look like

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i would just restore both of them. the RTX's actually are wanted so if restored you might get a good penny for them

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get some pics of them soon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hope you fix up atleast one of the Skiroules. There are others who would want one or both of them if you didn't. I already have seven of these sleds known as "Pickles". The RTX was a great sled. They rode well, got around very well, and were as powerful and reliable as most of their competition back in the day. The sleek, low-profile looks were way ahead of the others when Skiroule introduced the RTX in 1972.

-Les

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
heres my rtx that I also found in a barn. It needs some love too.

[attachment=37387]

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]heres my rtx that I also found in a barn. It needs some love too.

[attachment=37387]
Mine dont need quite as much love as yours!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
WY_rider,

What size is the engine in your? You have a first year RTX, 1972. If it is a 440, then it'll have twin pipes running at an angle down the right side of the engine. The '72 was the strongest runner of all the Skiroules. The one picured has the narrower track, mid-engine. They didn't handle as well as a 447 model, but tranferred weight well for drag racing.

-Les in MI.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
yep its a 440 has twin pipes. havent touched it yet. anyone want it. has compression and spark. clean the carbs and tank and im sure it will run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought one of these ski-roules the other day. Its a 74 440 Lazer. Its my first snowmobile. Does anyone know where I can get some information/service manuals? I really need to tune the carb as its not idling all that well. Does anyone know how to do this on the Kohler 440 engine? Or actually how to tune a carb in general? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That model should have come from the factory with a Walboro diaphram type, equiped with integral pulse operated fuel pump...which is at the top of those carbs. I have information on all these carburators. Let me know what is stamped on the side of the carb, or on the float bowl, at the bottom....and I should be able to give you adjustment specs from my manual. Your carb should read one of these......WD, WDA, or WR if it is original 74 Kohler equipment.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It will have the WalBro WF/WF16 carb on it. If it is stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts