Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just bought a trailer and I would like to put some ski guides on it. I've heard you can use an old box liner cut into strips. Do you put the strips from the front to the back or just at the front. Also how wide should they be? If you have a picture of home made ski runners or some other idea please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i dont have any pictures of my trailer right now, but we used my dads old bed liner and cut it into 10inch peices. worked really good, on our 4 place trailer

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thx i needed to know that too

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by The_Mad_Warrior
[br]no idea cant help ya this time sorry
If you can't even attempt to help, no reason to reply.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
1/4"~3/8" plywood strips work ok too. Change it out every couple years.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I did this, cost $8 for the screws.
I did run into one problem this weekend,
I drive up, and slid back down the trailer
so I'm going to have to rethink running the
strips all the way to the front(or I may have to put
grips in for the track)
[galleryattach=12648][galleryattach=12649][galleryattach=12650]

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wondering if the sled would slide back down with the runners. Might make it harder to load the sleds rather then easier.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
it makes it easier, it seems like bed liners are softer plastic and may not slide as easy but once they are wet they are pretty slick. also you may need to put down something for the track. you can use on old track, strips of wood, metal, anything that will allow the track to get some traction. other words you will just set there and spin.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put something down for track traction before you do ski guides. It is painful to watch 2 guys drive 2 sleds up a tilt trailer only to apply the brake a slide right back down. I have done the bedliner trick on 3 different trailers now. The main reason for me is to more easily drag off a sled without reverse.

If I had a ramp trailer I wouldn't be nearly as worried about traction mats or ski guides.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ya me too

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by anm109
[br]Put something down for track traction before you do ski guides. It is painful to watch 2 guys drive 2 sleds up a tilt trailer only to apply the brake a slide right back down. I have done the bedliner trick on 3 different trailers now. The main reason for me is to more easily drag off a sled without reverse.

If I had a ramp trailer I wouldn't be nearly as worried about traction mats or ski guides.
It is painful the other day my trailer was wet & frozen they just kept sliding off and i had no help!!! I also agree who cares about gettin the sleds up thats the easy part, its pullin them down without reverse that really stinks. but i really want some traction mats after that ordeal! i have a torn track at home i could use but its a 1.75 track and that seems alittle over kill unless i shave them down and im just to lazy to do that so ill just buy some sooner or later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts