Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Cousin just bought a skid plate for his '03 XC 600 SP, So guess who gets to installe it? Yeah thats right, ME! [:(!] Anwyas, has anyone done this on the edge chassis before? Is it the same process as the older GEN II chassis? I installed my skid plate on the triumph w/o any problems, just lookin for a heads up in case things have changed in the install process.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep it's the same process. Drill two holes in the front for the bolts and two holes underneath for the rivets.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Rivets!?!
My belly pan had 4 1/4" studs mounted in the exact locations. I used 1 1/4" stainless steel bolts with a little red loctite, and ny-loc's on the 2 at the front.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
They give you rivets with all new skid plates... In fact i have gotten rivets with all of my skid plates except one and it was already opened...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The GenII shid plate I got last year had no rivets. The mounting kit was 2 regular bolts in front and underneath I had to drill 4 holes and put these special inserts in, the bolts then screwed into the inserts.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^what ACE said...thats how i put the plate on my triumph

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Hmmmm both of my Edge chassis sleds are bolts and rivets... I wonder what the difference is with the Gen II sleds...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Maybe Polaris just decided to go with rivets. Those inserts are kind of a pain. That reminds me, I'm going to have to check those bolts to see if they loosend up at all.If they did will have to use some Loc-tite on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts