Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I was just wondering what are some of the benefits about having a skid plate and are they recommended to have on your sled...Are the worth it?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
For one, it cuts down on drag in deeper snow, and secondly, it protects your belly pan from damage if you should happen to hit a stump buried in the snow. Plus they come in different colors and LOOK REAL COOL.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ya they work great for protection, we used to have a 97 700, and i nailed a ice block, and it tore out the bottom of the sled. so needless to say all our sleds now have em. ya for the price, you should invest in one, i beleive

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah i just got one for my new sled for the protetion reason. still haven't got it and don't have a way to mount it yet.

·
Registered
982 Posts
They are deffinitely worth their price, probably one of the smartest investment you can put toward your sled.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think they are a waste of money
a belly pan is usually cheaper, and not a huge job changing
your adding wieght
a spot for snow and ice to collect = more weight
Yes they would provide some protection, but I have never had one, and in the years of riding the damage I have inflicted on my sled would have been the same if I had one on

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i just got one this summer for my sled because the previos owner hit a chunk of ice on the river and did this to the bulkhead. it has now had the peice cut out and a new one welded back in.

[attachment=48037][attachment=48038]

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.