Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove skid to check shock on a sled I just bought for wife/kids and I got the front bolts loose but the back bolts spin the cylinder(nut)[:(!] above the aluminum pinch bracket by the upper bogey. I tried an impact hoping that it would break it loose and I also tried tightening that pinch bracket that connects the two so it can't spin and no luck. With my Ultra I had room to use a vise grips when the bearing spun but this xc has a different set up with no room. There is a slot on the cylinder that turns but ther is not much clearance between the bogey and the nut or whatever that piece is called.Thanks in advance for any insite I just don't want to break more stuff trying to do maintanance.

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
506 Posts
use a 7/8 open end wrench. It needs to be a thin one. Some grind them thinner. craftsmen tappet wrench will work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On my 02 classic with M-10 I had to use visegrips to hold the collars on the shaft. The fronts were really tough, and the backs fairly easy.

Unfortunately, I discovered why the back was so much easier. The shaft was partly stripped, probably by the guy who installed the studs.

So add another part to replace!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ground down a cheap 7/8 and got them out . The prevous owner used a ton of Loctight red on the things so they were really in there.One bolt has kind of hosed threads also so new bolts at minimum.

Thanks
Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts