Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're new to snowmobiling and usually have two people on our 2 up sled. At times, particularly in lighter snow, the sled will just go straight in spite of turning the skis. With kids on the back, that's concerning.

Does anyone have experience w/ this?

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
4 Posts
ejlnw said:
We're new to snowmobiling and usually have two people on our 2 up sled. At times, particularly in lighter snow, the sled will just go straight in spite of turning the skis. With kids on the back, that's concerning.

Does anyone have experience w/ this?

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holidays!
If I am interpreting your comment correctly about lighter snow (thin snow cover), snowmobiles will usually stay straight on hard surfaces ( garage floor or driveways) thats normal unless you have carbides on the skis that cut into surfaces. You may want to check your carbides on the front skis as maybe they are missing or worn down. In addition snowmobile steering is usually not that responsive in unpacked or loose snow, you may need to shift your weight slightly towards the direction you want to steer. I have the opposite problem my steering is to responsive. The front shocks on my sled are set at medium and the rear suspension is set for its stiffest ride. After reading your problem I am going to reduce the rear suspension to medium and see what that does, unless someone else out there suggests otherwise.

·
Registered
695 Posts
there's a limiter strap on the rear suspension, it's near the front and easily seen. it controls how much ski pressure there is, the tighter the strap the more pressure and the looser the strap is there will be less pressure on the skis. adjusting that sounds like it should solve your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts