Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a blizzard 9500 (the liquid 440). Was there any problems with these sleds or things to look for when buying one? I am hoping to find the 1981 model which has dual exhausts. Any info on that sled in particular, or things you can do to make them really fast? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not too familiar with this sled so I don't know how easily you can buy stock/aftermarket parts for it. Just simply check the track, clutch, spark plugs, compression and try to test drive it and listen for any out of the ordinary noises. If avaliable the list of modifications you can do to this sled goes on and on. You should really research about that and see what you come up with.

Patrick

·
Registered
864 Posts
The 1980 had bosh cdi units. they are a little unique. the 1981's were differant.
Rotary changes made her sing.
The type 454 motor is still sought after by racers.
They are pretty damn fast stock, stock track is a joke, will spin the wee out of it, will benefit from studs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rotary changes? Was the 1980 ignition better than 81? DO you think it would help to buy an aftermarket track like the Kimpex aggressor to hook up better, or maybe put track on backward (worked good on my kawi)? Thanks a lot for help.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here's a good site for the Blizzards.
http://www.geocities.com/rv250/83bliz.html

I wouldn't mind having a mint 1983 9700.[:D]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I would stick to the 9500. I've heard a lot of good things about the 454 motor, and the 521 only has 4 more hp (82-86) and is heavier. I am just trying to decide what year w/the 454 motor to look for. I like the idea of 1981 and dual exhausts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts