Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was out playing w/ the kids little doo 253 today, ran some sea foam through it, put the tank and seat back on, basicly just getting it all ready for the season. Had it on jackstands and ran it a good while, 10 min or so and it ran great like always. Now it wont start! I cant get the primer to pull fuel to the carb. The lines arent cracked, and it did work fine earlier today. Do you think it just went bad or what? Any advice? Thanks sno bro's

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
dirtydan said:
anyone have any ideas?
I'm going to say the plunger went out on it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im having a hard time finding one, anyone know where to look?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Try lubricating it really well! That seemed to work on mine. Work it into the cable. Once it loosened up it started to draw fuel like it should. Hope that's all it is.

used penetrating oil and then WD-40

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
dirtydan said:
Im having a hard time finding one, anyone know where to look?
If you give me some info, what year, make, and model I can call my parts guy Monday and see if he has it. Or do what Trick said and see first, before you get your wallet out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its an 86 skidoo citation 253 lse.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Primers are very universal. Pretty much anything will work. Can you see fuel moving through the lines at all? Any air bubbles? Fuel leak out of plunger when you prime it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It draws it about halfway up the small primer line to the carb, but no more. I found a new one with new hoses and all, looked up mikuni primer and a bunch popped up. oh yeah it pushes and pulls easier than it should so I bet it wore out. Ah well, 20 bucks for a new one

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Check the line for the primer. My '99 did the same thing once and it was because I pulled the line loose.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
dirtydan said:
Its an 86 skidoo citation 253 lse.
Wrote it down, if you get it fixed post, otherwise I will check Monday.[thumb]

·
Registered
845 Posts
We have a Citation and have to replace the primer every few years, just one of those wear/cheap items that need to be replaced every once in a while. We just get a Kimpex one from Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok cool thanks alot you guys. Shoulda seen the look on my Daughters face when it wouldnt start, poor kid she was really upset. "Whats wrong with my doo Daddy?" Im gonna go out here in a while and pull the plug and squirt some gas in the cyl. so she can hear it run again, also run it up on the trailer. I remember that feeling, at 5yo its like the end of the world

1 - 14 of 14 Posts