Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, Looks like this ski-doo is taking polaris' special mountain track slides (with the angled rear part) to a whole new level!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
lol, ouch I wonder what happened?

·
Registered
352 Posts
oooooo i bet he wasnt happy!!!!! what did he do cat walk it in a grass drag?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
water jumping. About a 4' ramp. came down nearly vertical, so they said. Pitched the rider ass over teakettle over hood. This was in a thread on snowest...

-Dean

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LMAO....can u say "oops"

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, ripperd2 is right - i saw this pic on snowest and figured it was good for poking some fun @ skidoo [:D]

It had to hurt alittle on the landin though - looks like it was a rough one

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I couldn't even imagine. I thought water was softer than that. although at 50 mph it is pretty hard, heh.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Holy smokes, that looks rough.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well at least it's only (I use that in the wrong context, but...yea) the rails. If it would of twisted up the tunnel and damaged up the whole sled it woulda been worse. This way you MIGHT be able to get it replaced by saying "I jumped" or "I hit a bump" and "It just bent on me. It should be under warrenty shouldn't it?" It wouldn't be lying...just not telling the whole truth. But if the whole thing would have been mangled it'd be a little tougher to try that with.

Oh, I like the tape bandaids too...very pretty.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Bending the rear rails at a 45 is gonna be a tough sell for warranty work. I've seen them fix a lot of things under warranty but I think they would be better off just buying new rails and chalking this on up to experience.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Every snowmobile I have ever seen has a disclaimer saying "This vehicle is not intended for jumping, or any other stunts" Meaning that if you tell them you want warranty becuase you screwed up jumping, it is your fault, not a flaw in design...

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
So you go buy a snowcross sled and the manual says not to jump the sled..um ya ok..I get their point tho.. Just seems kinda funny

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
its pretty much to protect em from foos that wreck their sled and want it fixed by warranty...

kind of like if you modify your engine, it is no longer covered under warranty

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I dont think the MFG's give any kind of a warranty on true race sleds. So if you buy the polaris, ski-doo, or A/c race sleds....if it breaks its your problem. It would be crazy for them to put any kind of warranty on those sleds.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts