Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been working on the kids little citation 253 and had it running good, then all of the sudden it quit. Im sure the fuel pump died, its not pulling fuel through the line as strong as it was. But... I was priming the carb manually and trying to get it to run and POW!!! It backfired so hard it blew the pipe off! I put it back together and now it wont run at all. Anyone heard of this? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you think the crankcase wasloaded up maybe?

·
Registered
195 Posts
dirtydan said:
Ok so I have been working on the kids little citation 253 and had it running good, then all of the sudden it quit. Im sure the fuel pump died, its not pulling fuel through the line as strong as it was. But... I was priming the carb manually and trying to get it to run and POW!!! It backfired so hard it blew the pipe off! I put it back together and now it wont run at all. Anyone heard of this? Any info would be helpful. Thanks
it sounds like maybe pre-detonation where the gas is powerful and blow your exhaust off check the pistons, and rings and crankcase if they are ok, then do a compression tester if you have at least 110 psi

my sled it backfires if there is no gas just like for example one time i hit the kill switch then i turn it back on it backfired loud but nothing happen

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had a ski-doo everest did that ordered a aftermarket cdi box put box blew a chunk off no good put old one on it worked possibly going bad cdi possible ?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Still not running? We have an 87 tundra and never had any problems like that. If you cant figure it out, and going to junk it, I'm looking for a track.

DrivePitch: 1.97"
Pitch: 63
Width: 15"
Length: 123.48"

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
xltltdspecial said:
Had a ski-doo everest did that ordered a aftermarket cdi box put box blew a chunk off no good put old one on it worked possibly going bad cdi possible ?
WTF....Are you stoned , drunk, or just have my balls in your mouth. What kind of mumbo jumbo is this? Then again maybe it's me.....[Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ultrawillie said:
xltltdspecial said:
WTF....Are you stoned , drunk, or just have my balls in your mouth. What kind of mumbo jumbo is this? Then again maybe it's me.....[Disappointed]
i know a guy that comes on here that is usualy drunk and stonned at the same time hahaha. kinda sounds like this guy too lol

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Had a Mtn Max do that and ended up busting the skirt off the piston. I think you were just really loaded up and pre detonation happened, i would check compression while at it, cheap and easy to rule out that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts