Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was looking to upgrade sleds over the summer and was looking into a skidoo mxzx 440. i just have a few questions about these sleds...first, how are they on mpg? and second if i buy a trail converted one will it be dependable and not break down on me while im riding on or off the trail? and third how are these sleds for maintainance? do i have to do a lot of upkeep on them to keep them running right? and i have also heard that they run really crapilly when it is warmer out...is this true? any replies would be great!

thanks!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
What year are you looking at?

Im assuming you mean Rev 440. Go 04+. Its a 440, and they arent to good on gas. If you don't know how to work on stuff, DO NOT get a 440 race sled. The whole running crappy in warmer weather goes for any sled. Although, 440s are more finicky when it comes to jetting. Jet accordingly, or just jet really rich and run a tempaflow setup. I can change main jets out in about 5 minutes on the Rev chassis. Very easy to get to. Fun sleds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sledcrusher said:

Im assuming you mean Rev 440. Go 04+. Its a 440, and they arent to good on gas. If you don't know how to work on stuff, DO NOT get a 440 race sled. The whole running crappy in warmer weather goes for any sled. Although, 440s are more finicky when it comes to jetting. Jet accordingly, or just jet really rich and run a tempaflow setup. I can change main jets out in about 5 minutes on the Rev chassis. Very easy to get to. Fun sleds.
i was looking to get an 03 or newer

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Polaris_Special said:
sledcrusher said:

i was looking to get an 03 or newer
Alright. Stay clear of 03' if you can. They had a weak nun, and required extra attention. 04' was a big step up from 03', but still not as great. 05-07' was the best years.

gto0209 said:
The rear skid is a definitely a weak point on these. I you are terrible at wrenching, stay away.
Were you trying to be funny with this? The SC-4 and SC-10 3 skid in the 440's took a hard beating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts