Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the does and do nots on RAVE valve cleaning and installation afterwards? Should I be spraying carb cleaner inside the diaphrams to flush out the carbon and oils built up inside as well as on the actual knife plate? Any info here would be helpful, don't want to wreck my new rebuilt engine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the rtv will bern out, so don't waste your time, when you clean the vale just wipe the bellows out wit ha paper towel, and you can use what you want the knife engine cleaner or something, then when you install them coat the valve with 2stroke oil so they move easy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I put them in the first time I noticed that it was very touchy as to centering them so that they did not bind and moved fairly easily but I couldn't really get them all to move effortlessly, one was ok, two had a little gritty feeling and did not move as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
they can get a builf up in the sluts if they are not cleaned enought, but onces these are in and clean they will wear in and they will get better, there is noting you can really to do clean the slots becasue you will get crud in the motor if you try, so don't worry about a little grittyness

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have run a premix 50:1 for the first tank and have a lot of oil coming out from the RAVE Valves themselves, actual drippage. I think I might have to pull them off and reclean and seal them up with some gasket sealer or something. Thanks for all of you help and suggestions, What are the indicators of needing new rave valves if any?

·
Registered
33 Posts
you may just nned seels, i have never hears of the valve going bad, maybe new springs, or you can unscrew the spring and gut if horter should it hold tghter, but if you do decisted to put a sealer on only use a very thing coat, so you don't get a big glob on the valves

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankf for the advice, should the valve diaphams have any oil build up in them? Mine have a good bit of old oil in them was wondering if they were supposed to have that or if they should look clean and lightly coated with oil?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I kind of thought that might be normal but wasn't sure. So clean them, spray them, what ever, install them so that they are positioned whereas they do not hang up on the side walls, and run em... Tis' what I will do. Thanks for the feed back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts