Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sled for its first ride of the season! got a foot of snow today! after the ride I noticed the sled isnt springing back to its normal height. I figure the rear shock might need to be rebuilt or regassed? They are HPG Clicker. I know engines really well but am not to experienced with suspension issues.

How do I know if its just the rear shock or front one, or do I just go ahead and take both out and get them rebuilt/regassed?

05 mxzx 800 Sc4 rear end.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Do you have 100lbs of snow and ice in the skid and tunnel? That typically will cause them to sag a bit lower when done riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope its pretty clean, and when i lift it up she sags back down and theres not alot of resistance to moving it up and down. Im going to take the skid out tonight and have a look. Would I have to do both the shocks in the rear or just the back one?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Both. In fact, if all your shocks are rebuildable, do them all. It'll make a huge difference. When you take the skid out take it apart and check for freedom of movement of all the cross members. Grease everything on reassembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts