Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Skidoo 670 MXZ. I got it as a wreck, and have been doing repairs for the last few months. After re-installing the track and rear suspension, I noticed that the travel of the rear swing arm assembly is odd. It moves down about four inches with only moderate pressure, and then seems to stop. After this I can hardly get the suspension to move at all. There is a bolt that stops the motion of the two swing arms at mid travel. I cant figure out if this is to transmit motion or energy to the front arm, or change the dynamics of the rear arm. It looks like it is adjustable to allow more or less travel. Any ideas about its purpose, or adjustment? Any info would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
that is to transfer load to the front arm, it like the coupling blocks on the sc-10 II and III the looser you put it the more ski lift you will have but if you have the limiter straps set tight it will not lift, you will ahve to play with it when you are riding to get it sety the way you want, on my 96 mxz i have all the spring to full and the front straps to a mid point and that nut almost turned all the way out, and i almost have the skies off the ground, but they still touch with very lift pressure, you will have to play with it to get it the way you like, and the part where you say the suspension sags, mine does the same, ecspecailly when it is coming off the trailer the rear wheels go way in. that just how they are

1 - 2 of 2 Posts