Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Whats up? I am installing tunnel protectors on a 2001 skidoo formula 500. Any help would be cool. I believe I have to drop the track take the seat and tank off. Drill the hole and rivet them in place. If there is anything I missed help would be appreciated...Thanks[8D]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is it lc or fan? Liquid Skidoo's have a slot in the heat exchangers that the tunnel protectors slide into. You take off the snow flap (drill out the rivets) and slide the existing protectors out, then insert the new bigger ones. You'll probably have to gently bend the aluminum at the end of the slot out as it is probably bent in to hold the protectors in place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hit that one on the nose Lady....Exactly correct and they are bent over so do not forget to bend them back over when finished. This lockes them in...[8D]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nope, no slots on a fan cooled. When I put the protectors in my daughter's fan cooled Formula there were holes already drilled, but they didn't line up with the holes in the protectors so I ended up drilling new ones. And as you said remove the seat and lift the tank (I just put a piece of 2x4 under it to raise it up) so you don't drill through it![:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts