Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I started to investigate this problem year ago.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113021-sks-500-efi-1995-engine-problems

I have changed the piston set.
I have switched the injectors, no difference, problem stays in clutch side cylinder.
Engine code is EC50PL13
Model: 0942574
ECU failure code is 12 (crankcase temp sensor)

Cold engine starts fine, idle is ok, around 1600 as normal. If to run engine on higher rpm-s, in the beginning it works, after some minutes one cylinder seems to be over floated and engine is running with other cylinder only.

Is there crankcase temp sensor on this sled, to me it seems that there is no crankcase temp sensor on 500 EFI engines, what this fault code should mean?
Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Päärn Raid
[email protected]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You sure you're not reading that code backward? Maybe it's a 21 - mag side injector...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I have changed the spark plugs until the engine was warm.
I found out that the problem is not related with one cylinder only.
Both plugs were over floated several times.
If engine is warm then its running more less ok.
I still suspect that all of these issues are because of the ECU fault code 12(one long and two short). As I read from the manual, engine is running in safe mode if some codes are flashig, is it correct or did I misunderstood something?

I could not figure out what could be the reason for the flashing code if there is no crankcase temp sensor, that is what my manual says? Is it correct?

Please could You help me to get rid of this fault code.

Thanks,
Päärn Raid

I have double checked once again:
http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

as it seems to me from year 1993 polaris dont use crankcase temp sensors on EFI engines, correct?

Regards,
Päärn Raid

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also switched the injectors, still no change.
About reading the code. There is a break and then comes one long and two short.

Regards,
Päärn Raid

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a mistake with model. Model is:
Model: E952574
Serial: 2458169

Can somebody check what could be the reason for failure code 12, if this machine dont have crankcase temperature sensor?

Many Thanks,
Päärn Raid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts