Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I am writing You from Estonia, its small country close to Russia and Latvia and Finland, Sweden.
I have owned my sled Polaris SKS 500 EFI 1995 quite long already, 3-4 years, without any bigger problems. But now couple days ago my engine wont work anymore properly. I try to describe it now, maybe You can help, any help would be great.

Cold engine starts fine, with cold engine everything works fine, engine is powerful.
If engine gets warmer then i start loosing the power and speed and rpm-s. Engine works only with full throttle or with very low throttle, around 3000-4500 rpm-s.

I have checked spark plugs, new plugs are in place, cleaned the injectors, changed filters.
Can it be the fuel pump? Temp sensor or ...?
I will also check also my ECU, is there led flashing or not.

Reason why I am asking this information is that we don't have here possibility to bring the sled to local service, we just don't have POLARIS service here.

Thanks for Your help!
Regards,
Päärn Raid

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now checked the ECU led and its flashing. One long and two short flashes. Code 12?
What could be the reason? I have read many topics in this forum, but as it seems this model don't have crank case temp sensor or am I wrong?
I try to measure the compression too but at the moment it seems that crank seals were ok.

Any information would be appreciated!
Päärn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Compression in the cylinders measured, 120 psi, equal.
Fuel pressure measured, around 37 psi.

Here is the picture of the model, first sled:
http://www.villamoto.ee/yritused_VSS2010.html

Päärn

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
There is crankcase temp sensor on that sled. If it is not reading correct, it will make sled run bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I have discovered that on the idle speed both cylinders are working fine, engine is working very well, but with higher rpm-s one cylinder stops working, and with full throttle it works again, not very well but works. I have replaced spark plugs and coils and pipes (not exhaust). I try to find out what might be the problem.

If You have had similar problems, please inform me, what was the reason.

Päärn

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
There is crankcase temp sensor on that sled. If it is not reading correct, it will make sled run bad.
Is it on the driver side of the engine, deep down on the right side?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the temp sensor I think, close to cylinder heads.
My multimeter showed 3,3 in the range of 200kOhm. What could be the right value?
I have checked this part from here:
http://www.polarispartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/parts.aspx
22 SKU: 3084333
SUBSTITUTED BY 3086138 $49.74

Model: E952574
Serial: 2458169
MFG Date: 071994

Thanks,
Päärn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts