Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/font=Tahoma]I have a 2003 Pro X 700 and thinking of trading it for a 2003 SKS 700 for agressive trail riding and off trail crazy stuff. All this crazy fun ridding would be in the UP of Michigan.. Any thoughts??? Or am I crazy????

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a friend that has your same machine and he put the 136 inch kit with a 2 inch paddle on it.

Works great. There are a couple of pics in the Alaskan part of the snow conditions part of this site.

He did drop down to a 21 tooth gear on the top. Stock it would burn belts.

Let me know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You will have a hard time getting the SKS stuck, but it won't handle as well in the corners on the trail. It all boils down to your riding style. I have an SKS and I don't regret it. Ive forgotten how to dig it out of the snow.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
if your looking for a all around sled then trade it in for a sks.i bought the 03 sks and it handles sweet on the trail except for the fact that it pushes a little,i dont know what polaris was thinking when they put 4 inch carbides on a sled with 144 inch track.once the 8 inchers are on there it will handle as good as the other machines..the sks will do over a 100 probably not much slower than the pro-x..the 17 inch rear travel works awesome in the deep stuff there is no getting stuck with it.the hills around here cant stop it climbs the all,im not saying it will climb all hills,the ones around here arent all that big compared to the mountains..if your a real aggressive rider and plan on jumping the sks or hitting the woops at a high rate of speed then get the rear shock revalved for aggressive riding..i blew my shock with like only 700 miles on it but ive also launched it off 6 ft jumps and i always pin it over the woops skipping across the tops of them..bottom line is the sks is the best allaround sled..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not worried about climbing Hills and getting stuck. I just want the long track to try it out I guess. Im going to put it thru the air and some crazy ditch banging freestyle stuff. Does the SKS Handle a 60' double or Dont attept it? I see the videos (slednecks ) and others and there doing some pretty cool stuff on the long track sleds, so I am going to attempt to break one. So does that explain my ridding style or??

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i wouldnt try it on the stock sks but with some shock upgrades and maybe some tunnel braces it should do it as good as any other.but the long track does add more weight and probably wont jump as good as the pro-x,just my thoughts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts