Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive posted before on how my rpm was low almost on zero,well ever since i did it has been idiling at 1600 and i dint touch a thing
well anyhow today i went out to start it up and let it get warm,she started right up on the first pull and idled a minute then the rms dropped down to zero the motor is hardly running then she will die,so after letting her warm up by me holding her at a idle let off and she dies again..i ended up turning the idle screw up which gave me the idle i wanted,now trying to take off she is bogging way down to the point i cant move without gettin on her..i changed the plugs (old ones a brown color still looked good)and got going down my road and she was bogging untill i got into it a bit i dont know if its the belt,clutches,but it sounded like the motor was bogging...what could it be?thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys we jusy got about 2 ft of snow in the past few hours i tried to go for a ride but my sled is bogging so bad it wont move,help me out guys

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any chance that your timing got bumped? Have you checked to see if your primary jets are plugged?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any chance that your timing got bumped? Have you checked to see if your primary jets are plugged?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just a thought: I have a 02 600XC, when I leave it outside or trailer for awhile it has some of the troubles as you described. Not wanting to idle, and I usually have to hold the throttle for a while then hop on and go. I have never messed with the idle screw though, so maybe that's were your problem is. Maybe turn it back to were it was and try just babying the throttle during warm-up, like I said just a thought...good luck!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my sled stays out side overnight with a cover on it,it ran sweet yesterday..i havent checked nothing because i dont know how to really i did end up putting the idle screw back to where it was because on the trail the rpms jumped up to 3200..at some points it almost feels like its running on one cylinder sometimes but not sure i dont know how to explain it anybetter..i wish i had my truck so i could just bring it to the dealer

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'd say look at the jets also. Maybe got a little crud in it from the fuel tank. Any chance of having water in the fuel?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they gas sgouldnt have any water in it i use 92 or 93 octain..i dont wanna even try to start pulling carbs off and stuff because i have no clue on how to work on a sled

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd try cleaning your carbs, they're pretty easy to tear apart and get back together. Take notes as to how many turns you've got on your adjustment screws so you can get them back to where they were again. Use a can of carb or parts cleaner to blow out the passageways & jets.
If you're unsure of your ability to get the carbs back together again like they were, just take one apart at a time & use the other one as a reference.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you think some fuel injection would do any good?the sled is brand new so there shouldnt be that much grude in the tank if any at all..im ruling out the belt and clutches bacause it bogs the most befor it even engages,and sounds like a engine bog

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, if the sled is brand new, take it back to the dealer & have them fix it for you... that's one of the benefits to buying new, it's going to be taken care of by professionals.
Injector cleaner wouldn't hurt, and it may clear the trouble up. Put some Iso-heet into it while you're at it.. maybe you've got some water in there it's trying to work through.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you may have ice in your gas, and carps. After she sits for a while and she does what you described get an extention cord and a hair drier and put it down by the carbs and gas lines. Be careful not to melt any thing. Also put some fresh gas in it and a touch of dry gas.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
at the moment i dont have a ride to get it up to the dealer so ill try the little things.i ride my sled everyday between 60-150 miles i usually fill up 2 times a day so the gas is always fresh and when it gets parked it usually has at least 3/4's of a tank left.oh yeah 4/20 is the day my daughter was born..but it stands for many things..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts